I-Air to SJU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MickeySlapnutz said:
No...I have not been distracted by your dad's Pension Gaurantee paperwork. But if he decides to post it on this forum.....I would be happy to take a look at it.

NO Etoper, you were probably distracted by YOUR own paper work from the Pension Garauntee, from all your posts here and on the yahoo forum it's pretty clear who you work for.

dojetdriver said:
NO Etoper, you were probably distracted by YOUR own paper work from the Pension Garauntee, from all your posts here and on the yahoo forum it's pretty clear who you work for.

I can only hope and pray that the PBGC sends me some paperwork outlining "my reduced benefit". I'll fill it out and walk it in myself. Major score.

MickeySlapnutz said:
..the 50 seat RJ's still loose $$$. Feed the growing number of -319's??? .

Eto-..er..Mickey. You are such a blithering idiot! Didn't you EVER learn how to spell or use grammar correctly? It's not 'loose.' Loose is what the screws in your head are. Loose is what your wife's twat is not because you aren't endowed enough to do so. Loose is what your daughter's morals are but you don't even know it yet.

It's "LOSE" idiot. But I suppose you're already lost. Major score.

Goodnight.

Propblast said:
You clearly know very little to nothing about the situation at ACA/IDE. We were going to be signing our own death certificate if we signed a deal with UAL. The path we took was a huge risk - but gave us a chance. UAL would have done to us what they just did to AWC. The CL-65 doesn't have very good economics but given lower fuel costs it would have worked fine to start the route structure and feed a growing number of A319s (which would balance costs). Eventually, that a/c could have been replaced with more cost efficient 70-100 seat a/c. It didn't work. We tried. Oh, well.

-PB

Maybe you are right, but what I see is Skywest, Mesa, Trans States, Chautauqua, Republic, Go-Jet all either successfully doing what your company used to do or getting ready to add even bigger aircraft to United Express. When FlyI is completly gone they will continue on. It just seems to me that the facts here are indisputable. ACA had a good deal, they became used to that deal and when faced with a lesser deal they played brinksmanship type of games and backed themselves into a corner. From there emotion appeared to take hold and life continues to deteriorate for the employees at FlyI. Pretty poor call by management that impacts the employees and the shareholders. Also fuel costs certainly did not help the situation but FlyI still lost over 200 million in less than 2 years. That is an awful lot of money for any Regional Airline to go through so quickly. So I don't think the plan was workable from the start. Again emotion got in the way of logic and common sense.

Last edited:
Well, I have to chime in on this one. As a FLYi employee, I have been bumped from Captain to F/O 8 months ago, and in another 2 months I'll be on the street with my fellow F/O's who were furloughed back in January.

It sucks! But it's still better than lowering the bar again and again for the pilot profession to fly for rates mentioned by the airlines in your post: Mesa, Trans States, Go-Jet etc. They got the flying because they won the race to the bottom. We told UAL to go f*ck themselves with the rates they offered. Life goes on, most of our furloughed pilots found better paying jobs elsewhere.

Good luck to all FLYi employees.

-Murano

Always deferred said:
Eto-..er..Mickey. You are such a blithering idiot! Didn't you EVER learn how to spell or use grammar correctly? It's not 'loose.' Loose is what the screws in your head are. Loose is what your wife's twat is not because you aren't endowed enough to do so. Loose is what your daughter's morals are but you don't even know it yet.

Goodnight.

Wasn't that supposed to read, "It's 'LOSE', idiot."

A comma is a terrible thing to waste.

GP

murano said:
Well, I have to chime in on this one. As a FLYi employee, I have been bumped from Captain to F/O 8 months ago, and in another 2 months I'll be on the street with my fellow F/O's who were furloughed back in January.

It sucks! But it's still better than lowering the bar again and again for the pilot profession to fly for rates mentioned by the airlines in your post: Mesa, Trans States, Go-Jet etc. They got the flying because they won the race to the bottom. We told UAL to go f*ck themselves with the rates they offered. Life goes on, most of our furloughed pilots found better paying jobs elsewhere.

Good luck to all FLYi employees.

-Murano

Certainly there are some who feel the same as you do. I won't criticize your position on this either. I do however believe that most employees and certainly the shareholders would have preferred a different conclusion than the one you face today. While many criticize Mesa, Chautauqua, Trans States etc. The fact is thousands of people work for those companies and support their families and have good lives doing it, and they are partially using ACA's old flying to accomplish that. Your stance is what I was talking about. The fact you are ok with the outcome says for you the price you paid to tell UA off was worth it. I propose that for most others the cost to tell UA to go F$%! themselves was too high.

Always deferred said:

Goodnight.

Ahhhh......Okay?

MickeySlapnutz said:
How did the path you took give you a chance? Even if fuel had stayed at $35 bucks a barrel.....the 50 seat RJ's still loose $$$.

Hey Numbnutz, you are just plain W-R-O-N-G. At FLYI's economics the CL-65 would be at break even with oil at $47 per barrel and a load factor of approx. 74%. Every time you weigh in on a IDE topic you show your contempt and ingnorance. Maybe you are ETOPER, maybe you aren't. One thing is for sure though - you are a spiteful little man. It's actually quite pitiful...

-PB

Latest resources

Back