I-Air to SJU

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
ATLDRVR said:
DL has tried to expand INTL flight while in Chap 11 protection---announcing ATL-TLV and ATL-CPH as of late. The route between IAD and SJU may be a good one for Indy, since only AA flies nonstop between the two cities. But, I would think AA would add a few flights against Indy's one flight.

Bye Bye--General Lee

N1atEcon

Total Time
If i recall correctly National was announcing some new city then they shut down.

GuppyPuppy

Living the Dream
Total Time
28 yrs
ATLDRVR said:
The truth is that FLYI isn't expanding at all. They just announced they will close 5 cities plus abandon all west coast flying (except for two daily flights to Vegas).

All this company is doing is shifting their route structure around to try to find some more revenue. I think they are getting desperate. I suspect that Chapter 7 is getting close. Who would lend money to Skeen & company after they squandered hundreds of millions of dollars in just over a year?

I wish all the Independence employees well. It stinks being a pawn.

GP

theo

Total Time
GuppyPuppy said:
The truth is that FLYI isn't expanding at all. They just announced they will close 5 cities plus abandon all west coast flying (except for two daily flights to Vegas).

All this company is doing is shifting their route structure around to try to find some more revenue. I think they are getting desperate. I suspect that Chapter 7 is getting close. Who would lend money to Skeen & company after they squandered hundreds of millions of dollars in just over a year?

I wish all the Independence employees well. It stinks being a pawn.

GP
I also regret any bad things that come for Indy Air employees. But it certainly appears to be a good lesson for us all to learn. I remember how many people were excited when Indy was announced. They felt they were telling UA to go to he11. My point is they cut off their own nose to spite their face. It was known then that an 50 seat RJ could not have costs low enough to be successful and Skeen and company ignored that fact and in the end screwed the shareholders and the employees of the company. Hopefully all will try harder to keep emotions in check when looking at the issues facing our buisness. Clear thinking and understanding the pressures will work for all of us better than hot headed ill conceived emotional responses.

SpacemanSpiff

Total Time
10K +
Amen to that

Which makes it all the more sad/comical when the ComAir guys say that they can't wait to lose the Delta "anchor".

Propblast

Total Time
theo said:
They felt they were telling UA to go to he11. My point is they cut off their own nose to spite their face.
You clearly know very little to nothing about the situation at ACA/IDE. We were going to be signing our own death certificate if we signed a deal with UAL. The path we took was a huge risk - but gave us a chance. UAL would have done to us what they just did to AWC. The CL-65 doesn't have very good economics but given lower fuel costs it would have worked fine to start the route structure and feed a growing number of A319s (which would balance costs). Eventually, that a/c could have been replaced with more cost efficient 70-100 seat a/c. It didn't work. We tried. Oh, well.

-PB

MickeySlapnutz

I just wanna be loved....
Total Time
Propblast said:
You clearly know very little to nothing about the situation at ACA/IDE. We were going to be signing our own death certificate if we signed a deal with UAL. The path we took was a huge risk - but gave us a chance. UAL would have done to us what they just did to AWC. The CL-65 doesn't have very good economics but given lower fuel costs it would have worked fine to start the route structure and feed a growing number of A319s (which would balance costs). Eventually, that a/c could have been replaced with more cost efficient 70-100 seat a/c. It didn't work. We tried. Oh, well.

-PB
How did the path you took give you a chance? Even if fuel had stayed at $35 bucks a barrel.....the 50 seat RJ's still lose $$$. Feed the growing number of -319's??? Why did that scheme not work to all those west coast cities you just dumped?

If all you needed were more airbuses and 70-100 seat RJ's, and cheaper gas, and higher load factors at higher yeilds and UAL to go CH7 and USair to go CH7 and more cities in the carrib and less cities in the west coast and less flights a day to JFK and more flights a day to LGA and more celebrity announcements and more comics in the terminal and more press releases from Kerry Skeen and less job fairs at IAD and.......

Last edited:

dojetdriver

Total Time
MickeySlapnutz said:
How did the path you took give you a chance? Even if fuel had stayed at $35 bucks a barrel.....the 50 seat RJ's still loose $$$. Feed the growing number of -319's??? Why did that scheme not work to all those west coast cities you just dumped?

If all you needed were more airbuses and 70-100 seat RJ's, and cheaper gas, and higher load factors at higher yeilds and UAL to go CH7 and USair to go CH7 and more cities in the carrib and less cities in the west coast and less flights a day to JFK and more flights a day to LGA and more celebrity announcements and more comics in the terminal and more press releases from Kerry Skeen and less job fairs at IAD and.......
ETOPER,er Slapnutz, how ya been? There's been a few posts about IDE lately and I never saw your name pop up. My Dad was just looking at his Pension Gaurantee paperwork and looking at how much his monthly income in retirement is going to drop since UAL dumped his pension.

Is that why you were quiet, because you were distracted by the same thing?

MickeySlapnutz

Total Time
dojetdriver said:
ETOPER,er Slapnutz, how ya been? There's been a few posts about IDE lately and I never saw your name pop up. My Dad was just looking at his Pension Gaurantee paperwork and looking at how much his monthly income in retirement is going to drop since UAL dumped his pension.

Is that why you were quiet, because you were distracted by the same thing?
No...I have not been distracted by your dad's Pension Gaurantee paperwork. But if he decides to post it on this forum.....I would be happy to take a look at it.

dojetdriver

Total Time
MickeySlapnutz said:
No...I have not been distracted by your dad's Pension Gaurantee paperwork. But if he decides to post it on this forum.....I would be happy to take a look at it.
NO Etoper, you were probably distracted by YOUR own paper work from the Pension Garauntee, from all your posts here and on the yahoo forum it's pretty clear who you work for.

MickeySlapnutz

Total Time
dojetdriver said:
NO Etoper, you were probably distracted by YOUR own paper work from the Pension Garauntee, from all your posts here and on the yahoo forum it's pretty clear who you work for.
I can only hope and pray that the PBGC sends me some paperwork outlining "my reduced benefit". I'll fill it out and walk it in myself. Major score.

Always deferred

Total Time
~3000
MickeySlapnutz said:
..the 50 seat RJ's still loose $$$. Feed the growing number of -319's??? .

Eto-..er..Mickey. You are such a blithering idiot! Didn't you EVER learn how to spell or use grammar correctly? It's not 'loose.' Loose is what the screws in your head are. Loose is what your wife's twat is not because you aren't endowed enough to do so. Loose is what your daughter's morals are but you don't even know it yet.

It's "LOSE" idiot. But I suppose you're already lost. Major score.

Goodnight.

theo

Total Time
Propblast said:

-PB
Maybe you are right, but what I see is Skywest, Mesa, Trans States, Chautauqua, Republic, Go-Jet all either successfully doing what your company used to do or getting ready to add even bigger aircraft to United Express. When FlyI is completly gone they will continue on. It just seems to me that the facts here are indisputable. ACA had a good deal, they became used to that deal and when faced with a lesser deal they played brinksmanship type of games and backed themselves into a corner. From there emotion appeared to take hold and life continues to deteriorate for the employees at FlyI. Pretty poor call by management that impacts the employees and the shareholders. Also fuel costs certainly did not help the situation but FlyI still lost over 200 million in less than 2 years. That is an awful lot of money for any Regional Airline to go through so quickly. So I don't think the plan was workable from the start. Again emotion got in the way of logic and common sense.

Last edited:

murano

Total Time
10000+
Well, I have to chime in on this one. As a FLYi employee, I have been bumped from Captain to F/O 8 months ago, and in another 2 months I'll be on the street with my fellow F/O's who were furloughed back in January.

It sucks! But it's still better than lowering the bar again and again for the pilot profession to fly for rates mentioned by the airlines in your post: Mesa, Trans States, Go-Jet etc. They got the flying because they won the race to the bottom. We told UAL to go f*ck themselves with the rates they offered. Life goes on, most of our furloughed pilots found better paying jobs elsewhere.

Good luck to all FLYi employees.

-Murano

GuppyPuppy

Living the Dream
Total Time
28 yrs
Always deferred said:
Eto-..er..Mickey. You are such a blithering idiot! Didn't you EVER learn how to spell or use grammar correctly? It's not 'loose.' Loose is what the screws in your head are. Loose is what your wife's twat is not because you aren't endowed enough to do so. Loose is what your daughter's morals are but you don't even know it yet.

Goodnight.
Wasn't that supposed to read, "It's 'LOSE', idiot."

A comma is a terrible thing to waste.

GP

theo

Total Time
murano said:
Well, I have to chime in on this one. As a FLYi employee, I have been bumped from Captain to F/O 8 months ago, and in another 2 months I'll be on the street with my fellow F/O's who were furloughed back in January.

It sucks! But it's still better than lowering the bar again and again for the pilot profession to fly for rates mentioned by the airlines in your post: Mesa, Trans States, Go-Jet etc. They got the flying because they won the race to the bottom. We told UAL to go f*ck themselves with the rates they offered. Life goes on, most of our furloughed pilots found better paying jobs elsewhere.

Good luck to all FLYi employees.

-Murano
Certainly there are some who feel the same as you do. I won't criticize your position on this either. I do however believe that most employees and certainly the shareholders would have preferred a different conclusion than the one you face today. While many criticize Mesa, Chautauqua, Trans States etc. The fact is thousands of people work for those companies and support their families and have good lives doing it, and they are partially using ACA's old flying to accomplish that. Your stance is what I was talking about. The fact you are ok with the outcome says for you the price you paid to tell UA off was worth it. I propose that for most others the cost to tell UA to go F$%! themselves was too high.

MickeySlapnutz

Total Time
Always deferred said:

Goodnight.
Ahhhh......Okay?

Propblast

Total Time
MickeySlapnutz said:
How did the path you took give you a chance? Even if fuel had stayed at $35 bucks a barrel.....the 50 seat RJ's still loose $$$.
Hey Numbnutz, you are just plain W-R-O-N-G. At FLYI's economics the CL-65 would be at break even with oil at $47 per barrel and a load factor of approx. 74%. Every time you weigh in on a IDE topic you show your contempt and ingnorance. Maybe you are ETOPER, maybe you aren't. One thing is for sure though - you are a spiteful little man. It's actually quite pitiful...

-PB