I-Air to SJU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATLDRVR said:

DL has tried to expand INTL flight while in Chap 11 protection---announcing ATL-TLV and ATL-CPH as of late. The route between IAD and SJU may be a good one for Indy, since only AA flies nonstop between the two cities. But, I would think AA would add a few flights against Indy's one flight.

Bye Bye--General Lee

ATLDRVR said:

The truth is that FLYI isn't expanding at all. They just announced they will close 5 cities plus abandon all west coast flying (except for two daily flights to Vegas).

All this company is doing is shifting their route structure around to try to find some more revenue. I think they are getting desperate. I suspect that Chapter 7 is getting close. Who would lend money to Skeen & company after they squandered hundreds of millions of dollars in just over a year?

I wish all the Independence employees well. It stinks being a pawn.

GP

GuppyPuppy said:
The truth is that FLYI isn't expanding at all. They just announced they will close 5 cities plus abandon all west coast flying (except for two daily flights to Vegas).

All this company is doing is shifting their route structure around to try to find some more revenue. I think they are getting desperate. I suspect that Chapter 7 is getting close. Who would lend money to Skeen & company after they squandered hundreds of millions of dollars in just over a year?

I wish all the Independence employees well. It stinks being a pawn.

GP

I also regret any bad things that come for Indy Air employees. But it certainly appears to be a good lesson for us all to learn. I remember how many people were excited when Indy was announced. They felt they were telling UA to go to he11. My point is they cut off their own nose to spite their face. It was known then that an 50 seat RJ could not have costs low enough to be successful and Skeen and company ignored that fact and in the end screwed the shareholders and the employees of the company. Hopefully all will try harder to keep emotions in check when looking at the issues facing our buisness. Clear thinking and understanding the pressures will work for all of us better than hot headed ill conceived emotional responses.

Amen to that

Which makes it all the more sad/comical when the ComAir guys say that they can't wait to lose the Delta "anchor".

theo said:
They felt they were telling UA to go to he11. My point is they cut off their own nose to spite their face.

You clearly know very little to nothing about the situation at ACA/IDE. We were going to be signing our own death certificate if we signed a deal with UAL. The path we took was a huge risk - but gave us a chance. UAL would have done to us what they just did to AWC. The CL-65 doesn't have very good economics but given lower fuel costs it would have worked fine to start the route structure and feed a growing number of A319s (which would balance costs). Eventually, that a/c could have been replaced with more cost efficient 70-100 seat a/c. It didn't work. We tried. Oh, well.

-PB

Propblast said:
You clearly know very little to nothing about the situation at ACA/IDE. We were going to be signing our own death certificate if we signed a deal with UAL. The path we took was a huge risk - but gave us a chance. UAL would have done to us what they just did to AWC. The CL-65 doesn't have very good economics but given lower fuel costs it would have worked fine to start the route structure and feed a growing number of A319s (which would balance costs). Eventually, that a/c could have been replaced with more cost efficient 70-100 seat a/c. It didn't work. We tried. Oh, well.

-PB

How did the path you took give you a chance? Even if fuel had stayed at $35 bucks a barrel.....the 50 seat RJ's still lose $$$. Feed the growing number of -319's??? Why did that scheme not work to all those west coast cities you just dumped?

If all you needed were more airbuses and 70-100 seat RJ's, and cheaper gas, and higher load factors at higher yeilds and UAL to go CH7 and USair to go CH7 and more cities in the carrib and less cities in the west coast and less flights a day to JFK and more flights a day to LGA and more celebrity announcements and more comics in the terminal and more press releases from Kerry Skeen and less job fairs at IAD and.......

Last edited:
MickeySlapnutz said:
How did the path you took give you a chance? Even if fuel had stayed at $35 bucks a barrel.....the 50 seat RJ's still loose $$$. Feed the growing number of -319's??? Why did that scheme not work to all those west coast cities you just dumped?

If all you needed were more airbuses and 70-100 seat RJ's, and cheaper gas, and higher load factors at higher yeilds and UAL to go CH7 and USair to go CH7 and more cities in the carrib and less cities in the west coast and less flights a day to JFK and more flights a day to LGA and more celebrity announcements and more comics in the terminal and more press releases from Kerry Skeen and less job fairs at IAD and.......

ETOPER,er Slapnutz, how ya been? There's been a few posts about IDE lately and I never saw your name pop up. My Dad was just looking at his Pension Gaurantee paperwork and looking at how much his monthly income in retirement is going to drop since UAL dumped his pension.

Is that why you were quiet, because you were distracted by the same thing?

dojetdriver said:
ETOPER,er Slapnutz, how ya been? There's been a few posts about IDE lately and I never saw your name pop up. My Dad was just looking at his Pension Gaurantee paperwork and looking at how much his monthly income in retirement is going to drop since UAL dumped his pension.

Is that why you were quiet, because you were distracted by the same thing?

No...I have not been distracted by your dad's Pension Gaurantee paperwork. But if he decides to post it on this forum.....I would be happy to take a look at it.

Latest resources

Back