Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I’m confused I thought the PNCL TA was industry leading?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If by marketing time you mean the scheduled flight time then XJT gets paid the actual flight time or scheduled flight time whichever is greater. We used to have peg times which was an average but those went away with our contract in 1998.
Think passenger scheduled departure time to scheduled arrival time.

Took some digging, but I found an example...

MSP-MSN
Same aircraft Crj200
Blocked 1:14
Credit 1:06
Marketed at 1:14 (for XJ)
Marketed at 1:07 (for 9E)

I'm interested now, what's 9Es block and credit for this segment?

Took some digging, but I found an example...

MSP-MSN
Same aircraft Crj200
Blocked 1:14
Credit 1:06
Marketed at 1:14 (for XJ)
Marketed at 1:07 (for 9E)

I'm interested now, what's 9Es block and credit for this segment?

Marketing and what you call "scheduled" times are the same. Why would Mesaba or Pinnacle management reschedule tens of thousands of block hours when Delta has already given them a perfectly good set of times?

PCL's times are:
Market - 1: 07
Scheduled - 1: 07
Credit (with our current TVs) - 1: 04

In your example with the Mesaba times, the system of average block time being the credit for the leg shorts the pilot 8 minutes vs. the most commonly used system of getting paid the greater of scheduled time or actual block. Losing 8 minutes on this leg is equal to a 12% cut in pay. Pretty significant if you ask me. The disparity at PCL is narrower but it varies based on city pair. Looks to me like the Mesaba system is even a worse butt f*cking than what we get at Pinnacle.

:beer: Hears to hoping the Mesaba way of doing things falls by the way side.

Care to explain the other scenario then, they're real numbers too.

MSP-AUS
Blocked 2:47 (I guess XJ didn't like DALs' time)
Credited 2:45
Marketed 2:55

For the life of me, I don't know how getting rid of your miserable 15 minutes for free, is screwing you over.

Really, it doesn't matter... the contract is in place, it states SAT (credit) or better. These are the average times we fly from point A to B. You can see these times change monthly, for things like airport construction, or deicing. Fly the contract, fly the profiles, we all make more money.

Just for emphasis, here's another one...
MSP-MEM
Blocked 1:57 (if DAL published them, we certainly don't follow them)
Credit 2:01 (oh look a 4% increase)
Marketed 2:11

Yes this is what we get at XJT....Scheduled (as far as pax know) departure time to scheduled (as far as pax know) arrival time, plus any overs. Done leg by leg.
Very Nice. A lot of soft money to be made there.

Something to definately shoot for. Unfortunately, not the case for the next 5 years.

For the life of me, I don't know how getting rid of your miserable 15 minutes for free, is screwing you over.

Really, it doesn't matter... the contract is in place, it states SAT (credit) or better. These are the average times we fly from point A to B. You can see these times change monthly, for things like airport construction, or deicing. Fly the contract, fly the profiles, we all make more money.

I never said or implied that it was a screw over. I was just pointing out that the system in place at Mesaba (and that would have been in place at PCL had TA 1 passed) is a less desirable system than what is in place at most carriers that truly have "block or better" and it usually comes with reduced pay. Its definitely something to shoot for next time.

Latest resources

Back