Hypocrisy at its finest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
32LT10 said:
So sorry mate but I was schooled at a large English University. And that is proper way to spell the word.
What's the proper way to spell "****************************** bag?"

You can check the dictionary if you wish and you will find Apologise is the correct english version. Here in the states we have taken liberties with proper english. Before you cast me off as a foreigner I am born and bred American.
Aah, white trash at its finest! How lucky are we to be blessed to have you amongst us!
Just very fortunate to be taught proper english whilst enjoying a fine education. A scholarship to study overseas created fine memories.
Can't say much for manners though!

Shouldn't you be busy blacklisting everyone's name on your "no jumpseat list?"

Bosley said:
What's the proper way to spell "****************************** bag?"
I spell it TyWebbBosley, but that is just me.

JP4user said:
32LT10 is typical of United's of past hiring practices and arrogance.

Mmmm, but wait, he said that he is a white guy. THAT is NOT typical at all.

That being said, I always used to think that when UAL guys went through class (and for the white guys that ACTAULLY made it in), they had one special class that taught them to walk around with their noses high in the air. I dont think that they do that class anymore though.

32LT10 said:
I spell it TyWebbBosley, but that is just me.
So much for that English school education, huh smart guy?
Still perfecting your jumpseat deny list? Maybe while you're at it, you could start working your math skills by counting the number of scabs at yo nited co!

32LT10 said:
So sorry mate but I was schooled at a large English University. And that is proper way to spell the word. You can check the dictionary if you wish and you will find Apologise is the correct english version. Here in the states we have taken liberties with proper english. Before you cast me off as a foreigner I am born and bred American. Just very fortunate to be taught proper english whilst enjoying a fine education. A scholarship to study overseas created fine memories.

With such a tremendous education at an English University, I'm sure you realize when you say "correct English version", and "proper Enlish/spelling", you're really talking about Middle English, or more precisely, Norman-French.

Got that?......French.

Chancery English began to work against 300 years of French influence on the language in the 16th Century, but was unfortunately re-popularized and reinforced during the 18th century in Younger's, and then Johnson's first published dictionaries and in English society-"aristocracy".

The American and Federalist, Noah Webster, of dictionary/education fame (published 1808 and 1828) worked to reject this French/EnglishSociety influence, deliberately. Hence, the dropping of the "u" in many words (color, harbor) and getting rid of "re" when "er" (center), etc. I make an easy guess that Webster's education, experience abroad, and knowledge of languages (he knew 26) far exceeds yours.

One of those he knew, of course, was germanic Anglo-Saxon...."true English" if you will....predating the Norman-French introduced to Enland beginning in 1066.

The "A"s of the Oxford Enlish Dictionary weren't published until 1884, and they finally got around to "Z"s in 1928....finishing it 44 years after they began and 100 years after Webster finished his 2nd.

And I think we all know there must have been a few sitting on those Oxford Word committees then and now that, in terms of private preferences...shall we say... batted for the other cricket team? How else can you account for calling a "Hood" a "Bonnett", or a Truck a "Lorry"?

Methinks whilst in England an overdose of scones developed in you an inferiority complex about your birth, so you morphed into that most unfortunate of silly things, the superior-acting Midatlantic Man.

Tell me Nigel I. Wannabe, just how DO the upper crust in England spell "Wanker"? Perhaps attending a NASCAR race could cure you of this affliction before you order that Mini? Think of the Charlotte Motor Speedway as a rehab centre(sic).

Who knows, maybe you'll grow a mullet.

Last edited:
ROFLMFAO!!!

Voted Yaak for best post of the week.

I don't care WHO you are... that's some funny sh*t right, there. :D

I've long suspected that 32LT10 had a penchant for buggery, wot?Which prompts the next question. Yaak, why British, Canadians, and others end statements with "eh" so they sound like questions, hey?

CatYaaak said:
Got that?......French.

I do get that. I speak several languages. French happens to be one of them. If you wish to debate the world matters and the penchant that Joe Sixpack has against all things French or not deep fried and wrapped in a support our troops ribbon then I am more than willing. The French and pretty much any other civilisation are much better at living life than the Americans that view those great role models of East Coast Choppers as mentors for a way of life.

I love my country. I don't love what it has become. If more Americans could travel outside of this country and see what the world has to offer perhaps this superiority complex would be lifted. Much like Ty and Bosely they have no world experience to base their miserable existences on.

Of course they have hit Nirvana at an LCC so great for them. But you don't eat at McDonalds and know what Filet Mignon taste like. Sure you are eating from the same beast but those that have eaten both know the difference.

32LT10 said:
I do get that. I speak several languages. French happens to be one of them. If you wish to debate the world matters and the penchant that Joe Sixpack has against all things French or not deep fried and wrapped in a support our troops ribbon then I am more than willing. The French and pretty much any other civilisation are much better at living life than the Americans that view those great role models of East Coast Choppers as mentors for a way of life.

I love my country. I don't love what it has become. If more Americans could travel outside of this country and see what the world has to offer perhaps this superiority complex would be lifted. Much like Ty and Bosely they have no world experience to base their miserable existences on.

Of course they have hit Nirvana at an LCC so great for them. But you don't eat at McDonalds and know what Filet Mignon taste like. Sure you are eating from the same beast but those that have eaten both know the difference.

Predictably spoken like a true, self-aggrandizing Europhile tourist....bravo!

Tell you what, if you ever want to get out of your Parisian sidewalk cafe' chair sipping espresso like a bad cliche', I'll take you on a tour through the real world you think is so "much better at living life". You know, the one you never saw when you were a mush-head school kid taking Pompous Tosser 101 at your Ivory Tower of London.

And as a bonus, while we're down in, say.....Chad.....you can practice your French with the quat-chewing, AK-toting 14 year old about to stitch you for your watch, and tell him all about how much smarter you are than Joe Six Pack.

CatYaaak said:
Predictably spoken like a true, self-aggrandizing Europhile tourist....bravo!

Tell you what, if you ever want to get out of your Parisian sidewalk cafe' chair sipping espresso like a bad cliche', I'll take you on a tour through the real world you think is so "much better at living life". You know, the one you never saw when you were a mush-head school kid taking Pompous Tosser 101 at your Ivory Tower of London.

And as a bonus, while we're down in, say.....Chad.....you can practice your French with the quat-chewing, AK-toting 14 year old about to stitch you for your watch, and tell him all about how much smarter you are than Joe Six Pack.

Sounds like tons of fun. But I am busy that weekend. However, I have seen some of the sides of this world that you probably have only read about.

To use some lingo you and others here seem to embrace. "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

Latest resources

Back