• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HTO trip

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is a place that is close to the airport, I forget what it's called but it's a pizza place with decent food, and you can take the crew car from the FBO. I haven't really explored the whole area, but went there and it seemed affordable for the location. The FBO can tell you how to get there, if no one here knows the name.

There is a place that is close to the airport, I forget what it's called but it's a pizza place with decent food, and you can take the crew car from the FBO. I haven't really explored the whole area, but went there and it seemed affordable for the location. The FBO can tell you how to get there, if no one here knows the name.

The place is called:

La Capannina

364 Montauk Highway, Wainscott, NY 11975-2000 (631) 537-2626 ‎

Pizza slices are about $3.00

also near there are Breadzillaand Twice Upon a Bagel where you can get a sandwich and a drink for about $10.00.

Next to Twice Upon a Bagel is a Fish Market that serves takeout chowders and lunch specials for under $10.00.

Just in town on Hwy 27, east of the airport there is a diner tucked inside a strip mall that serves diner fare at regular diner prices. I think they are only breakfast and lunch and you do have to pay like a $1.25 to park in the strip mall parking lot.

Keep going East (making that left turn) out of town (past thew windmill) and go down the road a few miles and on your right side will be a couple of realy inexpensive Mexican places near the gas station. Come to think of it there is was a new Burrito place in town where Burritos are about $6.00. Ask at the FBO and they could probaly tell you exactly where it is.

Yes the Hampton's is expensive but there is a lot of construction people and domestic workers that have to eat too, so there are "Cheap Eats" if you look hard enough.

Sorry about the responses you received and I was just lamenting how lame some people have become on this board, which used to be a great place to ask questions and get information.

Next time rent a car and start driving west for about an hour or so. We usually stay around Islip Airport, much cheaper and more eating options available if your on a budget. Plus you don't have to deal with all the Hampton's weekend crowd.

WTF man, you seriously post online asking about eating on $5.50 a day in the Hamptons then wonder why people are running with it?....I'm not missing anything, except maybe the fact that you're joking?...maybe?...what happens if you blow your entire $175 budget in a weekend? you may starve by the time another 25 days rolls around?

Why would you even go away for the weekend if you cant spend more than $5.50 a day on food? Is this real life? I'd kill myself if my life was that terrible (kinda sorta kidding don't go off the edge there pal)

But Hey, G200 is helpful and really pretty damn smart.... so here's a thought!....maybe save up for 2-3 years then treat yourself to a lobster roll sometime in 2014? Everyone needs a goal, and the Hamptons are known for lobster.

;)

Keep us Posted!

Dude WTF is wrong with you?! The guy said he was on a "budget" trying to keep his food cost on the road to less than $175 a month.

Who works 30 days a month or does overnights 30 days a month, where you could get your $5.50 a day figure?

If you spent half as much time answering this guys question as you did making idiotic comments that don't even make sense, you could have probably given a good answer with info other people could have used.

Grow up! We are supposed to be helping each other out, not ridiculing peoples pay or work schedule.

Ok, so $175 divided by 30 days equals, $5.83 per day and 31 days equals $5.64 per day. Seriously though, I think why you have gotten some of these comments is because, well, it is the Hamptons......I don't think there is a place to eat on that kind of budget.

Now the flip side of the question is, are you really budgeting $175 for the whole month or are you budgeting that amount only for trips that you do?

Do you know of any cheap places to eat in the Hampton's or not? It's a simple question. Why are you worried about this guys finances?

Yes the Hampton's is expensive but there is a lot of construction people and domestic workers that have to eat too, so there are "Cheap Eats" if you look hard enough.

domestic workers (and pilots!) gotta eat too!......:bawling:

Help each other out?? C'mon Cobra I offered to send the guy some money so he could stay outta the dumpsters and another buddy here even offered him some delectable Rudys scraps for free (personally, I would have charged him $6 or at least held back the fruit/yogurt dip stuff)

Does that generosity not count anymore?...Kids today I tell ya!

Dont be all mad now!.....:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info fellas. Let me try and explain what i'm trying to get across in more clearer terms and then if you want to rant, go for it. Basically its a weekend trip to HTO, i get paid 2.00/hr per diem. However, since we are trying to save money, i have set a personal allowance at 175/month. I rarely overnight with my job, so i rarely need to use the 175. SO, in order to conserve as much of the 175 as possible i look for suggestions.

I posted on here because i'm trying to save as much money as i possibly can, so i look for my fellow pilots to help me out since i have never been to HTO. Now i'm a big boy and i can take care of myself since a few of you have decided to be difficult.

Thanks to the guys who posted some helpful places to start, much appreciated.

Do you know of any cheap places to eat in the Hampton's or not? It's a simple question. Why are you worried about this guys finances?

I could really give a $hit what he puts in his body or how he spends his money. If you read his very first post, it is a bit ambiguous and states he is on a $175 per month budget. Now it is clear that it is only for when he flies, but still he does not state how many days per month. But when you make an opening statement of how you are headed to HTO and are on a $175 per month food budget (before his clarification), yeah, people are going to be saying WTF????

My first statement was TIC, then I asked him for clarification. Take a deep breath.....

This thread has been one of the more entertaining as of recent. Pilots even offering $15 to a complete stranger? Thats a case of Natty Light for fri/sat night where im from. Might not as big of a crowd hit in HTO I suppose, might want to step up to the 12pk of Busch instead.

Latest resources

Back