• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HS-125 Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone want to chime in with a reasonable response: looking to upgrade in a Hawker 800 XP with a Fortune 230 company that operates a managed flight department. What kind of pay should I negotiate? Can someone PM me NBAA number or other salary survey numbers? Thanks!

olde english800 said:
Anyone want to chime in with a reasonable response: looking to upgrade in a Hawker 800 XP with a Fortune 230 company that operates a managed flight department. What kind of pay should I negotiate? Can someone PM me NBAA number or other salary survey numbers? Thanks!
If you are a new PIC, 60K min. and just for 6 months, year at the most. 75K would be a pretty fair # flying 91 and 135. What you are going to have working against you is if the Boss talks to the Mgmt company and asks what pilots are getting paid. They'll low ball him with 135 pay figures and you'll be looking greedy. Now, you are just flying 200 hours a year and have a free schedule when not working, no office duties, etc, I think 60K would be fair.

60K sounds about 30K+ low for a Hawker 800 captain.

I would not suggest that "first year lower pay" thing to get in the door. Too many pilots do that. Its called Low Balling yourself. Nobody is going to magically give you a 30% pay raise after a year...hence the initial magic wears off and you are a grumpy underpaid charter pilot. congratulations.

4 years ago I checked out an 800XP PIC job in the NJ area. 135 managed 2 pilot aircraft, no Hawker experience here and the initial offer was 80K - and that was considered low. I know the NJ/NY area is pricy but 60K is dog$hit PIC money no matter where you are. Dont even think about it.

Last edited:
That's fair. If you are talking aboot working on either coast, there is going to be a premimun for the cost of living. But I feel that if you are talking aobut doing this out of Omaha, NE 60K off the bat is decent money. Walking in the door with 80K demands outside either coast and I think you'll be looking for work for a long time.
Gulfstream 200 said:
60K sounds about 30K+ low for a Hawker 800 captain.

I would not suggest that "first year lower pay" thing to get in the door. Too many pilots do that. Its called Low Balling yourself. Nobody is going to magically give you a 30% pay raise after a year...hence the initial magic wears off and you are a grumpy underpaid charter pilot. congratulations.

4 years ago I checked out an 800XP PIC job in the NJ area. 135 managed 2 pilot aircraft, no Hawker experience here and the initial offer was 80K - and that was considered low. I know the NJ/NY area is pricy but 60K is dog$hit money no matter where you are. Dont even think about it.

HawkerF/O said:
That's fair. If you are talking aboot working on either coast, there is going to be a premimun for the cost of living. But I feel that if you are talking aobut doing this out of Omaha, NE 60K off the bat is decent money. Walking in the door with 80K demands outside either coast and I think you'll be looking for work for a long time.

All depends on how much you think you're worth I guess?

Walk in and lowball the job, you will get it every time at the average dirtbag outfit.

I will take my chances and go high.

80K for an 800XP PIC is certainly not asking a lot no matter where you live.....

this isn't Netjets were talking about is it?

Last edited:
I'm with a Fortune 300 Company(who is making money out the ass) who flies all part 91. We are a midsize flight dept, and all pilots average 550-600 hrs. per year. I have been with this company for 2 years, and am at 60K. At the time I took the job, I needed work in a bad way, but I am now looking elsewhere.

It really depends on what part of the country and how much (135/91) flying you'll be doing. $60k is low for an XP PIC anywhere.

:eek: 60k? You gotta be kidding! 135 citation drivers make more than that!

There is a large difference in what you think you are worth and what your employer thinks you are worth. I don't know where these 85 and 90K figures are coming from, but the way you guys talk it's the norm through out the country and that is just not the case. As previously mentioned, both coasts you could find 90K, but in the middle of the country Kansas, a just upgrading new Captain is not having the kind of $ thrown at him, especially 135.

Latest resources

Back