• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hows the Falcon 20?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We're looking at a possible replacement for our 20. It would be nice to move up to a "super-midsize" cabin. Several different aircraft have come up in discussion--G200, Hawker 4000, and the G250 (when it comes out). Unfortunately the initial price range that the chairman threw out there was $12-14 mil, and I know the a/c I mentioned are at least twice that. I wish they would make a bigger jump and get a Falcon 2000!

amazing aircraft, handles like a dream! i recently retired serial number 5, was the lowest serial falcon still flying in the world. she was a young 43 years old and she still kicked azz!

Old is right. I flew DA-20's with Fedex in 1972! Only 6 of them had the cargo door mod then (6 of 33 they owned). Great airplane, bad job (then), left in '73.

Old is right. I flew DA-20's with Fedex in 1972! Only 6 of them had the cargo door mod then (6 of 33 they owned). Great airplane, bad job (then), left in '73.

That's awesome! I am still flying the same airplanes, the FedEx birds are the best freighters we have in the fleet! Serials 227 and 229 are flying right now with 226 on deck to come online eventually. They have about 32,000 hours each on them.

Flown the 50, 900B, and 900EX. Did not know the 20 had trailing link gear. Wonder why they went back.

On the 50 they dumped the trailing link to make room for more fuel (in the belly). That's what they say any way.

We're looking at a possible replacement for our 20. It would be nice to move up to a "super-midsize" cabin. Several different aircraft have come up in discussion--G200, Hawker 4000, and the G250 (when it comes out). Unfortunately the initial price range that the chairman threw out there was $12-14 mil, and I know the a/c I mentioned are at least twice that. I wish they would make a bigger jump and get a Falcon 2000!

If you're thinking super-midsize my vote is for the Legacy 600 if you can get your boss to fork over the $$$. Great jet. Reliable. Big. Comfy. Cheap to operate. Easy to fly.

Last edited:
If you're thinking super-midsize my vote is for the Legacy 600 if you can get your boss to fork over the $$$. Great jet. Reliable. Big. Comfy. Cheap to operate. Easy to fly.

I'm sure that it's WAY out of our price range. What does one go for? Plus our hanger Clearance is low.

More than you can say about an old Learjet. We have 25 #5. She's not too bad but every Lear flies different from the other, especially the high time ones up around the 20k mark. As far as the Falcon goes, some may be a little more twisted than others, but once you trim them up, they all fly the same.
Are you sure it's #5? I thought AJI's oldest LR25 was #11.

What would be the salary range for an FO on a Falcon 20 flying about 250-300 hours a year for a CEO? I will have benefits (health,401k, etc.) too! Thanks!

Are you sure it's #5? I thought AJI's oldest LR25 was #11.

AJI? I don't work for no stinkin' AJI! CK baby all the way, lol. We have a couple oldies, we have the #3 Falcon 20 too stuffed away in a hanger in Northern Michigan. Had the 7th Lear built ever, the 23 Younkin flew in airshows after he got it off of us.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back