• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How will 65 effect hiring at Atlas/Polar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The company will provide an airline ticket. Most likely economy unless the flights are full then a business class seat to your departure city or a city that makes sense for you to sit reserve for a couple of days. For example you may have some reserve days prior to a trip starting. It would make sense to sit reserve at the scheduled departure city rather than going to another and commuting again. AMS and FRA are common cities to sit reserve due to the proximity of DUS, HHN and the wide reach of KLM and Lufthansa.
Yes the company covers hotel and ground transport as well.

Does anyone have the quals for the FO/FE positions at Atlas or Polar? Their company sites don't list anything.

Thanks!

Im 40 doing Int'l longhaul cargo.....I dont see my ass doing it for another 25 years!

Atlas has recently done a union coordinated preferential hiring

Atlas just interviewed and hired a large chunk of Kitty Hawk Furloughed guys under an Atlas union MEC coordinated preferential hiring agreement with management

Why do you feel such a need to spout off about how great union guys the Atlas pilots are?

I apoligize for my lack knowledge. How many day on and off are Atlas schedule? How is 1st year pay? Is there an override above 62 hours? If you live in the U.S., your homebased, but all newhire are based out of STN? They will fly you out your first day on but once you are in STN are you responsible for your lodging? Is this correct or am I way off? Do they type you? How is training? Thanks

I apoligize for my lack knowledge. How many day on and off are Atlas schedule? How is 1st year pay? Is there an override above 62 hours? If you live in the U.S., your homebased, but all newhire are based out of STN? They will fly you out your first day on but once you are in STN are you responsible for your lodging? Is this correct or am I way off? Do they type you? How is training? Thanks

Also, if you are based in STN, are you considered a scab or is that just the european guys? What are the mins?

Also, if you are based in STN, are you considered a scab or is that just the European guys? What are the mins?

First off, the STN guys, European or otherwise are not SCABs, so no, you would not be. There has to be a strike for there to be scabs, and Atlas has only had one chance to strike, and didn't in the last minutes for a multitude of reasons.

The STN base was originally a union busting tactic. It has serviced its purpose, has been neutralized and is only being filled with ALPA represented pilots.

BTW, a new base bid is out, and there will be some new hires going to LAX on the -400.

Latest resources

Back