How to Pack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BuddhaJ said:
no one else has to carry my bag so i fit whatever i can in it and i don't care how heavy it is. if i leave for 4 days, i pack for 8. if there's room in my bag i fill it. no sense not being prepared. you also have to consider where you are going. nice jeans, button down shirt and casual shoes are fine for anywhere in the states..if you go international better wear slacks or khakis when you are out to dinner. the standard equipment is work out clothes, which never get used, swim trunks and baseball cap. extra uniform shirt, on top of the 1 per flying day that i pack. 1 shirt for 8 days...yikes...i hope your airplane is well ventilated.

new toys...psp is awesome...does anyone know if they rent the umd videos yet? i ain't buying 2 copies of the GF movies.

please please please...i can deal with j-orts, i can deal with the standard off duty pilot uniform (jeans, white sneakers and polo shirt with an fbo logo embroidery)...but i'm begging all of you...no more sneakers with khakis...i don't care if they are the brown merrill walking sneakers...they just don't go with dress pants. please...i feel like steve martin in "my blue heaven" when he has to dress rick moranis.

I have so much starch in the uniform shirt that it repels sweat. They smell like they came from the dry cleaner even on day 8. Trust me I have never had a problem there (I guess I don't sweat much).

Man I can't win. No khaki shorts either????????? Crap! What am I to do? Break out my Speedos again?

:)

khaki slacks is what i'm talking about...but now that i think about it, khaki shorts and sneakers are not really great together, but its still better than j-orts

Are khaki shorts and flip flops okay? What about khaki slacks and flip flops? Or jeans and flip flops. Flipity Flopity Floo.

I don't wear shorts unless the end at or below my knee.

Flip flops are fine with anything - just don't wear socks with them!

its a very complex equation...flip flops are okay, but not out to dinner, sneakers and shorts are okay, just wear ankle socks, no white socks pulled up to the calf area.

tony soprano shirts are my personal favorite...so i guess i'm not the one to really be giving out fashion advice. no i don't wear wife-beaters.

If you wear socks with sandels....

Yeah, you are....

With out friends that will tell you the truth

BuddhaJ said:
its a very complex equation...flip flops are okay, but not out to dinner, sneakers and shorts are okay, just wear ankle socks, no white socks pulled up to the calf area.

tony soprano shirts are my personal favorite...so i guess i'm not the one to really be giving out fashion advice. no i don't wear wife-beaters.

Oh praise gawd my ankle socks are not out of fashion!!

I wasn't giving those up ever!

I did have a thought after seeing Jessica Simpson (or whatever that blonde idiot is playing Daisy Duke) in the new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie....

Can I wear my boots with my denim shorts to dinner?

Latest resources

Back