How to Pack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
h25b said:
I swear I'm not making this up... I heard a Budweiser "Real Man of Genius" ad on the radio the other day saluting the inventor of jean-shorts. The term they used was "j-orts" ... :D

Now I nearly crack up every time I see a guy wearing a pair...

You mean this one?

Match's linky not workey, so here's one.

btw, is it just me or is the internet service at the Embassy Suites in TEB the worst $10/day internet service in a motel on the planet?

Last edited:
Brett Hull said:
You mean this one?

Match's linky not workey, so here's one.

btw, is it just me or is the internet service at the Embassy Suites in TEB the worst $10/day internet service in a motel on the planet?

Yep, that's the commercial... Probably my juvenile sense of humor, but I find it hilarious!!! :D

matchthehatch said:
I forgot about that! Here's a link to every Real Men of Genius Bud Light commercial! The Mr. Jean Shorts Inventor is about 3/4 of the way down.

http://www.ksilebo.com/realamerican/

Edited to include the link. That would help. Thanks Brett.
Oh that's too funny! I'll never look at "J-Shorts" the same way:D !

So LD what kind of "J-shorts" do you recommend:p ?

h25b said:
Yep, that's the commercial... Probably my juvenile sense of humor, but I find it hilarious!!! :D

That's o.k. I aboot fell out of my chair listening to the "Mr. Really Stinky Breath Breather Outer".

My wife always calls me when she hears a new one on the radio. Those are the best ads ever.

matchthehatch said:
I forgot about that! Here's a link to every Real Men of Genius Bud Light commercial! The Mr. Jean Shorts Inventor is about 3/4 of the way down.

http://www.ksilebo.com/realamerican/

Edited to include the link. That would help. Thanks Brett.

Oh my gawd and I just spent twenty bucks on a new pair. Gawd..... Back to khakis again... I could never dress myself other than in some sort of uniform (military, Boy Scout, cheer leader, airline, etc.) without help. Man I am really out of touch with the mainstream.

If there were any doubts about my status as a tool I think I just erased them. D'OH!!!

*hangs head in shame*

It's o.k. man, we have all owned them.. But it is time to let them go. Just stash them away and in a couple years they'll be back in style. Of course if you're like me (married coming up on 5 years, 2 kids, turning 30 in Aug., etc...), you really don't have any cash to keep your own wardrobe in style. I'm getting about 2 years out of a pair of jeans, 1 yr. out of my sneakers, and about 2 out of my dress shoes. Of course my 3 yr. old daughter gets the latest from Ralph Lauren, Gap, etc... With my new baby boy born two weeks ago, maybe I'll have someone to hang out in my "jorts" with in a couple years.. :)

All of the things that I thought my dad was pathetic for are all happening to me. At least now I know why. :eek:

Last edited:
no one else has to carry my bag so i fit whatever i can in it and i don't care how heavy it is. if i leave for 4 days, i pack for 8. if there's room in my bag i fill it. no sense not being prepared. you also have to consider where you are going. nice jeans, button down shirt and casual shoes are fine for anywhere in the states..if you go international better wear slacks or khakis when you are out to dinner. the standard equipment is work out clothes, which never get used, swim trunks and baseball cap. extra uniform shirt, on top of the 1 per flying day that i pack. 1 shirt for 8 days...yikes...i hope your airplane is well ventilated.

new toys...psp is awesome...does anyone know if they rent the umd videos yet? i ain't buying 2 copies of the GF movies.

please please please...i can deal with j-orts, i can deal with the standard off duty pilot uniform (jeans, white sneakers and polo shirt with an fbo logo embroidery)...but i'm begging all of you...no more sneakers with khakis...i don't care if they are the brown merrill walking sneakers...they just don't go with dress pants. please...i feel like steve martin in "my blue heaven" when he has to dress rick moranis.

I still fly airplanes where I have to worry about my CG.

So I pack everything I can, and stuff it all in the nose baggage compartment. :D

Latest resources

Back