• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How to get to 500...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just looked at the N Number registry and searched for "Atlantic Southeast" I see we have 4 new 700's numbered 609, 611, 613, and 614SK. I'm guessing former skywest?

Those are ships 701, 702, 703, and 705 (I think those were the numbers). They were transferred to SkyWest Airlines when we closed SLC as a way to try to get us to settle on our contract demands. It didn't work, and cost SkyWest, Inc. close to $3 million that wasn't reimbursed by Delta (they thought it would be). An expensive lesson to learn, in my opinion.

Really, by getting those 4 new 700s, we're back to where we were. It's not growth, yet.

So we are just taking our old planes back basically. Well that's nice of them.
I doubt that will happen. It costs money to move airplanes around. Why would they bring four planes from ourside to SK and then move another four from SK to EV? Doesn't make much sense fiscally.

I agree..but that looks like what is happening..check it out in the FAA N number registry. of course, we have a Martin 404 according to that too. it also has the old address, so maybe this is from when we transferred them to SKYW, but they still have us in the database? I dunno

Last edited:
Heard the expressjet rumor again... Maybe there is some truth in it... Inc. buys expressjet and merges it with Atlantic Southeast...Keep the unions together seperate from the golden child (SkyWest).

N614SK is former Skywest. So these airplanes are coming from Skywest? I thought it was Horizon? What the heck is going on ?!?

N614SK came off the assembly line as 10051, and was originally delivered to ASA as N705EV. It was never operated by Horizon.

There are quite a few ERJs with the last two digits SK, now flown by CHQ for Continental Express. It would make sense that it would be Skywest, but unfortunately there's no correlation.

Latest resources

Back