• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How to get to 500...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ways for Atlantic Southeast to get to 500 aircraft and 50 states...

Few possibilities for growth out there, max possible addition, maybe 10-20 aircraft. That leaves 320 to go. Mergers? Well, Inc has tried before with ExpressJet, but the big problem there is their scope restriction and whether or not the new United will restrict or relax scope. How many airframes do they have? 150? We have the weekly rumor of Mesaba/Comair/Compass, maybe 1, maybe all 3? And the latest rumor swirling around is Southwest execs meeting with Atlantic Southeast (this from the Airtran pilot's union.) Hmmm...that's a good rumor. Let's run with that. It will also put us in more states than any other merger/purchase. So, Atlantic Southeast to join with Southwest. Details coming soon...

That right there says you're all BS. No airline would be negotiating or meeting with anyone at ASA. They would be be negotiating with Skywest, Inc (Jerry Atkin directly) and Skywest, Inc will determine how best to distribute the flying amongst either Skywest or ASA, both or no deal.

That right there says you're all BS. No airline would be negotiating or meeting with anyone at ASA. They would be be negotiating with Skywest, Inc (Jerry Atkin directly) and Skywest, Inc will determine how best to distribute the flying amongst either Skywest or ASA, both or no deal.

Uh oh! Someone feels like he's being left out.

As a Skywest dude, I would really like to see an integration of pilot lists. I think ASA and Skywest pilots would be far better off long term. No whipsaw or dangling of airplanes in exchange for a pay cut.

or....we could try to raise the bar and not have regionals that are bigger than the mainlines they fly for.

How will ASA get to 500 though? Do you think they might be able to go to 850 if they buy Expressjet? What about Island Air in Alaksa?

And please don't spread any rumors, as of right now Expressjet is not being bought by ASs eventhough it might in 2 months.

Last edited:
I just looked at the N Number registry and searched for "Atlantic Southeast" I see we have 4 new 700's numbered 609, 611, 613, and 614SK. I'm guessing former skywest?

N614SK is former Skywest. So these airplanes are coming from Skywest? I thought it was Horizon? What the heck is going on ?!?

Not really true. Do you think that the CEO of GE negotiates with Boeing directly every time they want a new jet engine? Every time a new product or opportunity is potentially created the Chairman and CEO has to be there? Why would Jerry negotiate directly at the onset of a deal? This is BH & CT's job. I'm not saying this wouldn't require the permission of JA, but just because he wasn't in a meeting when they hypothetically discussed something proves nothing. IN NO WAY AM I SAYING THE SWA THING IS TRUE, but this logic isn't what defeats it.

Latest resources

Back