How proud are GJ pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fishpaw said:
I just commuted out of ORD today and i walked on the e to c shuttle with two other pilots. Both had on navy uniforms but both were wearing non-uniform jackets. One guy had a brown leather jacket zipped all the way up and the other had on a black fleece, neither had id's visible. I was also looking at their bags and didn't see anything that said what company they worked for. Normally I wouldn't be looking for these things, but the a/c next to the shuttle stop was one of g0jet's and that started me thinking. What professional airline pilot dresses this way at work, and what mgmt would let them? I have nothing to do with the whole g0jet/tsa thing, but man, it must suck to have to hide your name and who you work for when you're at the airport. Some days the pride of being an airline pilot is the only thing that keeps me going. These guys definitely weren't showing any pride in themselves or their company though.

So every pilot that boards the shuttle bus at E2B is a GJ pilot because GJ utilizes gates E2B and E3? Skywest has a crew room there as well (not saying it was one of them) so why do you think it was one of us? I think I've seen just about every one of our pilots and have never seen one dressed anywhere near that badly. Guys, you don't need to see their IDs, just look at the hat brass or jacket wings. If you have any doubt, just ask instead of speculating. As an aside, a United Captain on our jumpseat last month commented how professionally dressed and conducted our crews are.

Fishpaw said:
Some days the pride of being an airline pilot is the only thing that keeps me going.

This has to be an all-time Flightinfo Classic. Someone should cop this as their signature.:laugh:

flx757 said:
This has to be an all-time Flightinfo Classic. Someone should cop this as their signature.:laugh:

Consider it done. I've been on a hunt for a new one ever since the moderator removed my last one that quoted one of the GJ haters.

If being an airline pilot is the only thing that keeps you going you certainly have a very sad life. Flying for a living rates a very distant second behind my family and their well being. Making sure they are well taken care of is what keeps me going and flying is just a way of getting that accomplished. Period. If shoveling fecal matter would better help get my kids through college and on their way to being well-adjusted, contributing members of society.... Then a poo shoveler I shall be.

Last edited:
Fishpaw said:
I just commuted out of ORD today and i walked on the e to c shuttle with two other pilots. Both had on navy uniforms but both were wearing non-uniform jackets. One guy had a brown leather jacket zipped all the way up and the other had on a black fleece, neither had id's visible. I was also looking at their bags and didn't see anything that said what company they worked for. Normally I wouldn't be looking for these things, but the a/c next to the shuttle stop was one of g0jet's and that started me thinking. What professional airline pilot dresses this way at work, and what mgmt would let them? I have nothing to do with the whole g0jet/tsa thing, but man, it must suck to have to hide your name and who you work for when you're at the airport. Some days the pride of being an airline pilot is the only thing that keeps me going. These guys definitely weren't showing any pride in themselves or their company though.

I noticed that this was you're very first post. Coming on bashing people. What are YOU hiding??

Superpilot92 said:
Funny i was in St. Louis the other day and saw 3 of the rat bastards walking on the ramp and i asked the Ramper what they were doing and he told me that they didnt like to walk through the terminal unless they had to so they usually walked on the ramp to another door way instead of going up the jetway. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
Yaknowww,
I keep looking for one of them, have yet to see one in DEN. What does their uniform look like? I keep looking for a walking turd in a uniform, ya know corn for eyes, peanuts for a nose, but I cannot find one. What does their uniform look like?
PBR

utahpilot said:
honest question here, but where did most GJetters come from? are lots of them UAL furloughees? cargo guys? what is the mix?
The taterhole!
PBR

KeroseneSnorter said:
In my view (such as it is!) The only way to remedy the problem is to move toward one list for all who fly under a brand.

I have said that a few times now. On other threads. Usually it's the mainline guys that give me shyte about it.

KeroseneSnorter said:
This is evidenced by their continued reduction of the minimums to be hired to fly jets.

That I actually don't agree with since they used to hire 200 hr guys at United back in the day. Unless it's the cycle of availability you're talking about.

fuelflow said:
. As an aside, a United Captain on our jumpseat last month commented how professionally dressed and conducted our crews are.

Yep. And SP and DT are the 2005 pilots of the year.....

So every pilot that boards the shuttle bus at E2B is a GJ pilot because GJ utilizes gates E2B and E3? Skywest has a crew room there as well (not saying it was one of them) so why do you think it was one of us?

They were in navy uniforms. Skywest wears black correct?

If being an airline pilot is the only thing that keeps you going you certainly have a very sad life. Flying for a living rates a very distant second behind my family and their well being. Making sure they are well taken care of is what keeps me going and flying is just a way of getting that accomplished. Period. If shoveling fecal matter would better help get my kids through college and on their way to being well-adjusted, contributing members of society.... Then a poo shoveler I shall be.

Great. Shovel poo. Whatever keeps you happy man. But if a person can't take pride in what they are doing then why keep doing it. These guys seemed to lack that pride.

I noticed that this was you're very first post. Coming on bashing people. What are YOU hiding??

You're right. I shouldn't have assumed they were gj pilots. They were probably United... they wear navy uniforms correct?

And next time I make a first post I will make sure it is not appropriate to the topic of the thread.

Latest resources

Back