How proud are GJ pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Resocha,

Skyboy is correct. It was the writing / message in the avatar that I had a problem with, not the picture itself. I see that idiot finally removed it. I guess the Moderator hit him up. Good! Like Skyboy said, it's the message to younger viewers that I had a problem with. See ya!

007 said:
Maybe so, but only because you guys were too good to fly a fifty seat jet or a turboprop with a mainline name and paycheck for that matter.

Why are all you guys so offended at one airline list, when it is what all you guys advertise.

Please don't make assumptions. I flew 50-seat jets and turboprops. I'm not offended by any of it. I'm simply stating a fact that the regionals exist to reduce the cost of the major. That was true when I worked there, and it's true now.

I just find it ironic that people slam GJ guys for doing exactly what we all do - take the job that's offered. People can stand on their high horse and claim they would be too good to work for (fill in the blank) company, but the reality is that if you work for any company that accepts a lower wage or decreased work rules, you're just as guilty as the GJ guys.

We're all the same. GJ guys will work non-union, United guys will sell out their retirees. We're all in it for ourselves, today, and if you believe otherwise, you're sucking on some Great Pilot Brotherhood Fantasy Teet.

007 said:
Maybe so, but only because you guys were too good to fly a fifty seat jet or a turboprop with a mainline name and paycheck for that matter.

Why are all you guys so offended at one airline list, when it is what all you guys advertise.

Cripes, some of you really need a history lesson!!

The whole reason my airlines flying was outsourced to the regionals is NOT because we refused to fly the RJ...It was because we refused to fly the RJ for the dirtbag wages that the regionals would!

We had F-28 pay still in the contract, a plane smaller than many of the current RJ's, only problem was that pay was still 30% HIGHER than what they are paying the current RJ crowd.

This GJ thing is simply the natural progression of the process started then. In fact on another message board I got hammered 5 years ago for stating the obvious, When they are done outsourcing us (majors) they will outsource you (regionals). I believe the RJ guys reply was something to the effect of "It will never happen old man, we are too valuable to mgmt!!"

Jeebus!!! You boys need to figure out who the real enemy is here! And it isn't some clod flying an RJ around for a non-union company!

Resocha said:
GJ guys will work non-union.....

http://www.teamsterslocal618.org/news-and-events.html

President Dan Heumann reports that the N.M.B. (National Mediation Board) has announced the election for Teamster Local 618 representation for the Go-Jet Pilot group. Ballots will be mailed on February 1, 2006 and the voting period will expire on February 23, 2006 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern time, with ballots being counted immediately thereafter.
Teamsters Local 618 is the only Labor Organization on the ballot. President Dan Heumann stated that this organizing drive has been a long battle that appears to be coming to a conclusion. We hear at Local 618 are very excited about the opportunity to represent this group and look forward to continuing to bargain and obtain a good labor agreement. President Heumann will be in Washington D.C. for the final vote count to ensure that our future members rights are protected.

Resocha said:
YGTBFKM. Offended by the avatar of the pope? What about all of the sleezy avatars of women (including mine)? Why are those morally acceptable? No good catholics have complained about mine.

Why do you think the sleazy avatars of women are morally acceptable? They aren't to me (and I'm not Catholic). Now don't go all brokeback mtn. on me. I certainly do appreciate the female form.

KeroseneSnorter said:
Jeebus!!! You boys need to figure out who the real enemy is here! And it isn't some clod flying an RJ around for a non-union company!

I agree but
You started the fingerpointing.

what goes around......

As pilot who has most definitely benefitted from the RJs being placed at the regionals, I must agree with anyonw who says our reaction to *************************s is the "Pot calling the......".

However, we must all remember that this is business. There is no such thing as unity outside of ones own pilot group. We all work for COMPETING companies, and are thus competitors with each other. We share common interests at a Professional level, i.e. safety standards. Other than that, it's business.

The ************************* pilots are not SCABS. They have not crossed a picket line. They are willing to fly for less money and lower quality of life than someone else. Sounds a lot like about 80% of the Pilots at the "Majors". How many Major Airline pilots have quit their jobs rather than work for less money and a lower quality of life?...None.

My main point is this....Save the word SCAB for when it's appropriate. The way things are going we may have reason to use it as originally intended. It would be a shame to have the true meaning dilluted when you are screaming "Scab" and throwing that rotten apple over the chain-linked fence.

007 said:
I agree but
You started the fingerpointing.

Went back and reviewed my post.....Nope no finger pointing at all in there.

I just corrected your first statement. Simple fact is that my pilot group tried to secure the RJ flying on our seniority list, The regionals decided that they didn't mind working for scraps, the mainlines would not fly them for scraps, so of course mgmt. put the RJ all to the regionals.

Justifying to yourself that you got all those jets because we (Mainlines) refused to fly them is no different than what the GJ guys are doing. They are willing to fly them cheaper than you are, plain and simple.

What got the RJ's to the regionals in the first place, is and will continue to be the reason that GJ exists today. Make no mistake, they are but the first in a long line. Anytime the regional guys try to undo their initial mistake of flying RJ's for peanuts, mgmt. will just go find another guy hungry for the scraps.

Why do you think the regionals are now looking for guys with 500 hours TT? It sure isn't because there is a lack of high time pilots out there! Very few of the high timers will fly for the wages that are being paid.

As it stands now, Regional pilots are doomed to forever be RJ pilots for low wages, There are very few narrowbody Major seats out there anymore.

Edit: Do not take this as blaming the guys flying the airplanes. I just get all wound up when I see what is happening. To put it in perspective, I was paid almost as much as a current 70 seat RJ Captain 9 years ago for the left seat in a Turboprop. As long as there are pilots(and their MEC's) willing to fly for the wages, It will never get better. The only pilots that I see that really cheese me off are the 20 somethings that have a huge ego, next to no time, and think that flying an RJ for the current pay is "Something Special"

As long as that attitude exists, things will only get worse for the professional pilot.

Last edited:
Crossky said:
Why do you think the sleazy avatars of women are morally acceptable? They aren't to me (and I'm not Catholic). Now don't go all brokeback mtn. on me. I certainly do appreciate the female form.

I have no moral problems whatsoever with the partially clad female body, if it's in good taste. Unfortunately, taste is subjective, and what I may define as good taste, someone else may not. Simply because a woman's clothing does not cover her entire body does not make her, nor those her present her image, immoral. Do you find my avatar offensive? Do you find women on the beach in bikinis immoral?

KeroseneSnorter said:
Justifying to yourself that you got all those jets because we (Mainlines) refused to fly them is no different than what the GJ guys are doing. They are willing to fly them cheaper than you are, plain and simple.

As it stands now, Regional pilots are doomed to forever be RJ pilots for low wages, There are very few narrowbody Major seats out there anymore.
What do you mean by, "that attitude" it's not like we have a choice. As long as airlines like that keep popping up with more CFI with SJS the race will continue.

What I meant, was, that you guys should have flown them for peanuts and worked the pay out later. Once at mainline, they would have stayed there.
"one list" remember, it seems to work in Europe, why not here?
I don't know.

"forever RJ pilots" don't stoop to that level, I had a CAL pilot read me riot act in the jumpseat once, just because he was a "major airline pilot".

Gave me a real sour taste for that statement. Last time I looked people were still retiring (which is also the reason these idiots accept these jobs)

PS with the fingerpointing I meant resocha

Latest resources

Back