• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How old is too old?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, looks like this is generating more responses than I expected. Thanks to all of you and your views. My pay is almost unheard of for a King Air.... Lucky me, right? It is a prime indicator that the good times must soon come to an end. It is rumoured that we will receive substantial pay cuts in the future and we work too hard as it is. Home every night and never any weekend or holiday work. Trust me you dont want to work here because the managers are not intelligent in the way they run things. I will not entertain a thought of a regional unless its as a street captain making approx what I do now and I know the chances of that are about zero. Greenlight, what is 1/2 my age plus 7 mean?

Last edited:
1/2 your age + 7 years

LOL, that's funny. (Malcolm X movie quote).

Anyway, I have been thinking about this myself lately as I am late 40's with NO 121 time but about half of my 6500 hours are Part 135 Jet PIC time. I make a good income for the a/c I fly, but it is still 'on demand' charter so my schedule can suck pretty bad at times (only allowed the FAA minimum 13 regulatory days off per quarter). At my age there is a chance that if hired by a 121 like American, I might never see left seat again, but the right seat would still eventually pay good and still have a schedule.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back