Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
Starcheckdriver,

How is did the Lear 60 training go? Any problems?
Hey kitty,

did u have a friend i had to look up? i totally forgot, sorry. give me his name one more time...in a PM.

cya

Thanks Animal...I too would love to come aboard. I update every week practically, i figure the airlineapps website says it sends an update to the airline everytime i log on, so maybe it shows some enthusiasm...hmmm or maybe it shows some psychotic attributes doing it that often...maybe i will wait a little longer before my next update, like every ten days versus seven, yeah thats it, i have figured out the magic formula for being hired!!!!!:laugh: Man, after thinking that hard i need a beer, anyone care to join me?

Man i sure would love to fly Grizz around, he cracks me up in the commercials...but i think my favorite is the rabbit (dangit, i don't know his name)...the whole MX working on the plane commercial was AWESOME!!!! I think my alltime favorite has to be with the penguins though, when they come to the gate singing, and Larry(i think that is his name) asks them; "hey can you guys sing solo??" and then rabbit(DANGIT, WHAT'S HIS NAME!!!) says "yeah, so low we can't hear ya." Then the great laughter from them both...oh man, my wife has to slap me everytime i see that one cause i can't stop laughing! Oh yeah, and how about that new one on the radio where the otter is trying to teach them all spanish and they are so off it's hilarious, i wish they would make a tv spot out of it. "taco, burrito, quesadilla..." Oh man it's great!!!! I gotta turn on the radio now so i can hear it today.

starchr... He'll probably get on at ASA
I realize a regional is a better place to work, but if that doesnt pan out I will take the job at airnet(if hired).
Glad to here we are on the back burner. He'll fit in better at ASA anyway.

Hey from reading some of these posts people made it sound like a regional was a better place to work.. Sorry about the comment about a regional being better. From the research I have done it seems like Airnet is a great place to work. I didnt realize how much you could make. From their website it seemed like you couldnt make very much money. So I figured in a few years you could make much more at a regional. I think flying cargo at night would be a hell of a lot more fun than sitting right seat on a RJ for 5 years.. I have a interview in two weeks at Airnet and one coming up at Eagle and ASA... Airnet is my first choice

Hey guys I never said flying at a regional was great or ASA! I was looking at pay. Where can I make the most money building PIC... Captain pay at a regional isnt all that bad. I didnt think you could make anything close to that at Airnet.. How much can a jet captain make there at Airnet?

In most instances, a fresh regional captain on base pay will make more money than a fresh Lear captain at Airnet also on base pay.

Ahhh man, I was going to post a reply, but i re-read my post about the Frontier commercials and just started laughing again, so needless to say i forgot what i was going to say...oh well, those commercials sure are funny.

Go to the airlines. Flying on the back side of the clock is hard work and isnt for everyone. Those guys worked pretty f'in hard for 37K a year.

I'd agree. Working at AirNet is hard work, but it was fun. Ya, first year pay at the regionals is aweful, but if you look into how much you actually work, your hourly rate increases dramatically. For example, Since October 31, I've flown 2 days. My schedule consists of reserve the rest of the month with my hard days off. If I don't get called the rest of the month, which is likely since we have a plethora of pilots, I'll get paid 75 hours to work 2 days. Then on top of that, I've picked up 2 trips (3 days total) on my days off that pay above and beyond guarantee (19 more hours). In this case, I'll have worked 5 days this month and gotten paid for 94 hours. I've also got one more 2 day trip I'm eyeing that is on my days off. If I pick that one up, I'll get paid 101 hours for 7 days of work. That gives me 24 days off (including days on reserve sitting at home) and I will still be making AirNet's prop pic base salary for the month. NOT BAD. Just got to learn to work the system.

This was the best thing I could figure out to make ends meet. After all, I DID apply to Wal-Mart and they won't hire me. I KNOW, FLAME AWAY. It's not due to my work ethics, I worked there before for 3 years. They said my lack of availability does not fit with what they need currently. Afterall, I am still on call on most of the days this month. Anyone know of any flexible part time jobs in the Denver area? Preferably South Denver? Thanks!!

USC328

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back