• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

How many pilots does it take to change a light bulb?

Flyingdutchman

Total Time
today?

How many pilots does it take to change a light bulb?

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Five to flame the spell checkers.

Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light
bulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety
including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting
questions about light bulbs"

Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a light bulb.

AND

One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

----

sounds like us huh !?

FD

viper548

Total Time
There was no paperwork concerning the lightbulb change?

now there will be a lot more people involved

Flyingdutchman

Total Time
today?
ROFL indeed...

was it a PFT pilot replacing that bulb? hmmmm makes one think..

viper548

Total Time
Had he changed 3 light bulbs within the preceding 90 days?
Did he recieve an endoresement from an authorized instructor within the preceding 24 calendar months (Lightbulb change Review)?

Last edited:
T

Traumahawk

7 more on how Mesa, CHQ and Skywest have lowered the bar on the light bulb industry.

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
haha that was pretty funny

LAXSaabdude

Total Time
15K +
So, what's the upgrade time to Lightbulb Changer in Command? I need some LBCIC time quick!

LAXSaabdude.

Flyingdutchman

Total Time
today?
500 for mesa airline academy grads

Last edited:

FL717

As the World Turns
Total Time
Easy now...

I don't mean to start a big light bulb war here.... but I heard that there is a scope clause regarding the maximum watts of the light bulb to be changed.

To get around this scope, they are talking about creating a separate company of Pilots to change the bigger light bulbs. The company is called Go Bulbs. Not sure if there is a bigger ladder involved, or if you'll have to use the same smaller ladder to keep costs down.... but it doesn't sound too good to me.

Thats all I know right now... don't shoot the messenger.

LAXSaabdude

Total Time
15K +
So are Go Bulbs changers really scabs, or is that abusing the original intent of the word?

LAXSaabdude.

FL717

As the World Turns
Total Time
I have the list...

Okay gang.... here is the latest.

I have found out that Go Bulbs Pilots in fact will be using a smaller ladder to change the bigger light bulbs. This is outrageous.

The Pilots that have agreed to change the bigger light bulbs using the smaller ladder at Go Bulbs.... are now on a list. (This list also has has the names of employees that have p!ssed in the bathroom stalls without raising the seats, wiped boogers on the stall walls, and more importantly.... farted in the cockpit during boarding and then quickly leaves for you to take the blame when one of the flight attendants walks in with a passenger for a cockpit tour).

Please carry this list around with you and refuse to turn on any of these bigger lights as a sign of solidarity protest.

GogglesPisano

Pawn, in game of life
Total Time
enough
Did the light bulbs evolve, or were they "intelligently designed?"

islandhopper

Clone War veteran
Total Time
5000+
I just wanted to say I havent had this much fun on the internet in a long time. SJS, light bulbs, brown bag lunches, and mesa in hawaii. So much fodder, so little time.

Somebody has got to work real hard to one-up any of these threads.

LAXSaabdude

Total Time
15K +
FL717 said:
refuse to turn on any of these bigger lights as a sign of solidarity protest.
Outrageous. I'll go one step further and carry a propane lantern!

LAXSaabdude.

Flic1

Total Time
5000+
I thought the answer was 5....

1 to hold the lightbulb and 4 to drink so much it makes the room spin.

Flyingdutchman

Total Time
today?
one name, one team...

lightbulb alpa!

JediNein

No One Special at all
Total Time
53 wks
And one to post about how they just spent the morning discussing how many light bulbs needed to be operational in order to fly and how an unneeded bulb needed to be 'disconnected' and placarded "inoperative", not "inop" per the regulations. Ugh! At least I got paid to discuss light bulbs.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Flyingdutchman

Total Time
today?
so how much is a bulb rating these days? 10K at simcom?

bafanguy

Total Time
Flyingdutchman said:
ROFL indeed...

was it a PFT pilot replacing that bulb? hmmmm makes one think..
No, I think it was a "scab" who changed the lightbulb so anyone seen with lightbulbs in his flightkit must be a scab...there is a list being circulated...

CapnVegetto

The Prince of all Saiyans
Total Time
50,001. 1 to change it, and 50,000 to bi-tch and whine about lightbulbs in general, and about how other lightbulbs elsewhere are much brighter.