• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many in good standing at FLOPS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pass the popcorn and don't drink the Kool Aid.

If we ever get a chance to vote on a contract, How many MIGS are actually employed at Flight Options?

Looks like most of the MIGS are LONG GONNERS with no realistic hope of coming back. Or, if we are talking about pilots still gainfully employed by Flight Options, we have a case of the few controlling the many. Further, regarding the leadership, Who did we actually vote for???.

Why can't we get a contract?

Because a large majority of the FO Pilots are not MIGS and they do not believe in the U as it stands. Union Leadership knows that the majority would gladly replace the teamsters with an in house as soon a contract is signed. Rather than face that reality, leadership is happy to continue the negotiating game indefinitely. Replacing the union is a favored option with employed pilots over ponying up large chunks of cash to become a MIGS in an organization that they don't believe in. Management loves this because they are getting it cheap and have more time to set up the replacement flight departments in other owned, affiliate, charter companies.

If you agree, or think that some of that could be true, What about a strike??

I personally know only a handful that are still paying. Most of the FO Pilots I talk to were paying at one time, but no longer. If you are one of the majority not paying, but still employed, Are you willing to trash your whole career by scabbing? Do you get the feeling that you are being held hostage by the few and getting bent over by management? You're not alone!

What we have here is a no win situation for the majority, as it stands now. Management obviously does not want a deal. If we strike you are screwed either way. You will either be a scab at a shell, affiliate, charter company that won't last very long, or you will be an unemployed striker.

The solution, It's Obvious. The time, NOW!

Last edited:
It is what it is. And if you cant see what it is, your blinded by ignorance. Cause what it is, is collusion, misrepresentation, and pure lies. No trust, no faith, no loyalty here, to either party. I also wonder if KR ever read the book he wrote. And as far as an in house union goes....... they've already hand picked that team as well. It would just be more of the same. Good luck with those suck a$$es.

If we ever get a chance to vote on a contract, How many MIGS are actually employed at Flight Options?

Looks like most of the MIGS are LONG GONNERS with no realistic hope of coming back. Or, if we are talking about pilots still gainfully employed by Flight Options, we have a case of the few controlling the many. Further, regarding the leadership, Who did we actually vote for???.

Because a large majority of the FO Pilots are not MIGS and they do not believe in the U as it stands. Union Leadership knows that the majority would gladly replace the teamsters with an in house as soon a contract is signed. Rather than face that reality, leadership is happy to continue the negotiating game indefinitely. Replacing the union is a favored option with employed pilots over ponying up large chunks of cash to become a MIGS in an organization that they don't believe in. Management loves this because they are getting it cheap and have more time to set up the replacement flight departments in other owned, affiliate, charter companies.

I personally know only a handful that are still paying. Most of the FO Pilots I talk to were paying at one time, but no longer. If you are one of the majority not paying, but still employed, Are you willing to trash your whole career by scabbing? Do you get the feeling that you are being held hostage by the few and getting bent over by management? You're not alone!

What we have here is a no win situation for the majority, as it stands now. Management obviously does not want a deal. If we strike you are screwed either way. You will either be a scab at a shell, affiliate, charter company that won't last very long, or you will be an unemployed striker.

I don’t mean to burst your bubble there Judas but the 1108 now has more members in good standing than at any time in its existence. So its actually the few, yourself included, who by not supporting our union, diminish our negotiators leverage at the bargaining table. Its also funny you complain about who is running the union. As I recall, our union leaders ran unopposed. Why didn’t you step up at the time and run for an office? Oh that’s right, you had to be in good standing to run for office. Instead now you support an in-house? So you’ve been freeloading off the majority of us and now you think you would have the credibility to lead and insurrection? Get real, everyone knows an in-house, combined with the revenue generated from 320 active pilots is a recipe for disaster. In in-house at Flops would be nothing more than a puppet of management. They would have no funds and would end up selling all of us down the river. And led by a group of free-riders? That’s beyond hilarious.

As far as your not paying dues to “an organization they don’t believe in’. I have it from a reliable source that just as at NJ and almost every other unionized carrier, our TA’d union security clause establishes an agency shop. So you will pay dues or a shop fee equivalent to union dues post contract. Failure to do so will result in termination.

I think our union is handling what amounts to a monumentally difficult task, given this economy, with poise and intelligence. Our leadership has my support and my monthly dues check. As for you, you represent a small cowardly element within our group. You never had the stones to support your fellow pilots in a fight, but now you’re afraid the union is going to force you to expose yourself as the scab that you are by going on strike and you hope to save yourself by trashing your fellow pilots efforts.

And you know what the ultimate irony is? By not supporting your union all this time and thereby weakening their position in negotiations, you and your fellow management sycophants have made this process take longer.

We will achieve our goal of a contract with or without you.

Last edited:
Cue Knucklehead 19 in 3, 2, 1....

You don’t give your fellow man much credit for having any principles. What kind of charter operator would agree to pimping out their pilots to fly struck work for the toothy one? What kind of pilot would continue to work there?

You refer to scabs at a charter company. I got criticized for suggesting that definition, so I hope you fare better with it.

Anyway, good luck with your spinal problem. As for me, my choices have never been limited to just two.

...The solution, It's Obvious. The time, NOW!

Pure FUD... Kenn, Mike, Bob??? I know you probably all think that we're stupid, but really?... do you really think we'll fall for bait like that? Give us a little more credit than that.

Last edited:
Always great to hear the club members jump in. Just keep your heads in the sand and play the ostrich game. Ignore the pilots with excuses like the posts above. You're about to get the old Donald Trump Cobra. Just like NJ, the vote will clean this mess up. Too bad we picked the wrong guys. Oh, Wait a minute, We didn't vote for you.

Always great to hear the club members jump in. Just keep your heads in the sand and play the ostrich game. Ignore the pilots with excuses like the posts above. You're about to get the old Donald Trump Cobra. Just like NJ, the vote will clean this mess up. Too bad we picked the wrong guys. Oh, Wait a minute, We didn't vote for you.

And how do you plan to pay for your in-house? Unlike NJ who had roughly 3000 pilots at the time of its disaffiliation from the 1108, we now have 320 active pilots. Let’s see roughly $300,000 per month at NJ v/s roughly $32,000 at Flops (if you can get all of them to pay their dues without a contract). Now I understand how an effective independent organization can be run be run for $300k but on $32,000, no way. Without the support of an international union like the Teamsters, assuming you can pull it off, your little in-house will be so much chum for managements shark.

So it all comes down to this, you are less afraid of selling the pilot group down the river with a weak in-house than you are afraid of being exposed as a scab. Rather than man-up and support the union we have in place and give it all the leverage it needs to get this contract done, by stating emphatically that if it comes to a strike you will join your brother and sister pilots and walk the line, you would rather put your hand out to management. Because that is all your weak in-house would be able to do, put out its hand.

In case you haven’t heard, in politics, its all about the money. But you know in the end I’m not too worried. I think our pilots can do the arithmetic.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back