How Many have quit logging your time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xjlifer

I stopped a long time ago...after I had about 10 little black books full and nothing in the logbook for 2 years. I figure if I need to ever recreate I will just say old log book destroyed in fire totals brought forward.

Well technically you have to maintain records of your currency, don't you? What if the FAA wants to make sure that you're landing current, for example, can you prove you are?

I got sooooo far behind in my LogBook, mainly because at Piedmont over that last 3 years I flew over 950hrs each year.
So I started doing monthly entries in my LogBook. This made it sooo much easier. Then I have all of my Redbooks labels with the months and years. If there is any question I just flip open my redbook, and I go directly to that day, or that month of flying.

Monthly Entries

I also use the monthly system. It is sooooo much easier. I was a little concerned about it when I interviewed at FedEx, but they never said a word about it. Then again I didn't get hired so take that for what its worth :p

xjlifer said:
I stopped a long time ago...after I had about 10 little black books full and nothing in the logbook for 2 years. I figure if I need to ever recreate I will just say old log book destroyed in fire totals brought forward.

You've got 10 black books full of chick's numbers? What's your secret? Are you using any sort of line that let's them know you're a pilot?!

I went electronic a year or so ago and it's great. No more little paper books, just my Palm hand held. It Hotsyncs with my home computer and no more writing.

xjlifer said:
I figure if I need to ever recreate I will just say old log book destroyed in fire totals brought forward.

So much for the moral standard requirement of the ATP.

Yeah, that's it Buzz Aldrin...just lie.

And some people wonder why they can't leave the feeders.

I've seen a few job postings where they wanted to see copies of the last X# of your logbook pages. With the instability of the industry increasing one's chances of being in the "hunt" again, keeping the logbook up to date might be a good idea...just part of the organ-grinder's monkey dance.

crashpad said:
So much for the moral standard requirement of the ATP.

Yeah, that's it Buzz Aldrin...just lie.

And some people wonder why they can't leave the feeders.

How did being a lazy ass about a logbook become a detrement to someone's "good moral character???" If the FAA has a question about currency, tell them to call the airline...we're not private pilots

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back