• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How long to hear from CAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I found that the Assurant plan was a little cheaper than through my broker. It is not comparable to Cobra in cost or coverage. These plans basically protect you against catastrophic (expensive) procedures. They don't include basic check-ups, vision, or dental. A typical plan will have a $1,000 deductable. After the deductable, the plan will start picking up costs. Bottom line, this is not a very appealing aspect of CAL. The good news is that if you already have coverage from a former employer you will only be without full coverage for 5 months. Once you are eligable for CAL's insurance, it's relatively inexpensive and has several good options.

If you have children, let your Doctor know you will be without insurance for a few months and see if they can give you a discount in the inerim. Be sure to have all their check-ups, etc., performed before you go off your current policy.

You may also be eligible for Medicaid. Check your state's policies.

Medicaid provides 100% no deductible coverage for children as well as pregnant spouses. If you have any questions, PM me.

Thanks, Minrest.

I've been waiting since about January. I've had a new hire 737 guy and a fairly senior 757 guy both go in and talk to the CP for me. I've been told I'm on the short list.....no call. Apparently it takes a while to get to you on the list. I figure I might still have at least a couple of months before someone calls me. Maybe more. I'm holding out hope though, and my 2 friends are both pushing hard for me.

It took me 10 months to get a call for the interview.
...Just when I had given up all hope, the phone rang! Hang in there.

I've been waiting since about January. I've had a new hire 737 guy and a fairly senior 757 guy both go in and talk to the CP for me. I've been told I'm on the short list.....no call. Apparently it takes a while to get to you on the list. I figure I might still have at least a couple of months before someone calls me. Maybe more. I'm holding out hope though, and my 2 friends are both pushing hard for me.

I was put on the short list in early December and got the call at the end of February. From what I understand, everyone on the short list will get a call at some point. It may slow down a bit closer to summer but you will get a call.

Incidentally, I have a friend that was told he was put on the short list around the same time I was told. He hasn't been called. He wasn't updating his app. I updated mine at least once every few months. Make sure you update the part of the application at the very end that is CAL specific. That's an easy thing to forget on that app.

CapnVegetto,

I am exactly the same spot, told I was in the "Recommended group" in jan.

The CP I spoke to about all this said something should happen by May 1. No promises. It's all cool, just waiting, hoping for the call and a good interview.

I'll be extremely happy to make it to CAL.

Good luck to you and all waiting!!

Holy crap! Did you get on at CAL?

Two sentences. You're feeble intellect is slowly growing stronger. My congratulations to you and your tutor.

Best turn of the computer, now. Your parents will be home soon.

BTW: Where are you "non-union" at?

Latest resources

Back