Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

how long till Q400 tail strike at colgan?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, I don't know? How long did it take for USAirways to have a tail strike with it's A-321s when they were brought on-line. Let's see...How long before AA, Delta or FedEx had a tailstrike with the MD-11? Stupid question once again from another know-it-all Flightinfo moron.[/QUOTE

Maybe if enough know it all morons at us air aa delta and fedex had spoke up and shed some light on certain pilots or procedures that were risking tailstrikes, things would be different.

But if you want to call me a moron, that is fine. Do you even fly the Q?

No, thank goodness I don't fly it for the moment. I wasn't accusing any pilots at any of the aforementioned companies. Indeed, I was addressing the idiot that posed the question in the first place. Obviously, anytime you introduce a new airplane with unusual characteristics due to it's landing gear configuration/length you may have some problems. My point is that it isn't systemic to Colgan, so my suggestion is that you drink a couple of cold adult beverages and relax. I wasn't attacking you personally.

The only time flaps 15 are permitted at QX is when a captain is shooting a CAT III, fwiw.

I've heard that at one q400 operator a flap 15 landing is a captain only landing, but I can't remember which airline it is. Does anyone know?

It really disgusts me that there are captains landing at 5+ degrees of pitch, and at least one captain that is telling fo's that they need to be landing flaps 15. I'm sure they feel like they are too good to get a tailstrike, but thanks to whoever posted that piedmont had 2 strikes this year, now we know it is happening on the shorter dash's, so of course it is more likely to happen on the Q.

If you are an Fo flying with one of these, and witness what I've been hearing, make sure you report it. Remember, your job is at stake too when they start grinding tail. Colgan doesn't need something like that, the publicity could be the final nail in the coffin for getting more planes.

No, thank goodness I don't fly it for the moment. I wasn't accusing any pilots at any of the aforementioned companies. Indeed, I was addressing the idiot that posed the question in the first place. Obviously, anytime you introduce a new airplane with unusual characteristics due to it's landing gear configuration/length you may have some problems. My point is that it isn't systemic to Colgan, so my suggestion is that you drink a couple of cold adult beverages and relax. I wasn't attacking you personally.

Since you aren't on the q, let me explain to you that this is a legitimate issue/question. A pilot from Qx told me that Qx has never had a tailstrike. Now if it is true that Qx only allows flap 15 landings for captains as one person has posted, do you see that there might be a reason why they never had a tailstrike?
How am I not going to take it personal when you call me an idiot? (maybe you didn't see I posted the original question?)
Yes, I could relax with some cold ones and wait until it happens, but I'd rather try to prevent a tailstrike.
Remember, if a q has a tailstrike, it will affect you even though you are on the saab.

Colgan doesn't need something like that, the publicity could be the final nail in the coffin for getting more planes.

And auguring in a perfectly good aircraft is less worse than a tailstrike how?

Latest resources

Back