• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VAPOR

a mirac..it's in the hole
been waiting 8 mos, got the time & type

The $64,000 question asked by many of us.

I was told by Ryan from the PD at the August AirInc conference that I should get a call in 2-3 months. Was told by him in October, after looking at my online app, I should get a call any time. Was told by Kim in the PD, after looking at my stuff a few weeks ago, that my stuff looks great and they'd be calling me "hopefully very soon".

My stats:

3600 TT
1600 PIC
737 Type
Ground/Sim Instructor in the training department
Turboprop - Civilian

I know of many far more experienced people who have been waiting a lot longer. So we'll see what happens.

Just got the call last week. Had my app in since Jan'04 737 type since Mar'04. Over 7500tt 3000 tubine pic most of witch is jet time.

When will they call, I hope and update

I've got the time 6500tt, 2600 PIC 121, B-737 typed since Feb 2005
plus a check airman....Met Ryan several times and he says it all looks good, just keep updating. Its the lottery, then you have to pass the interview.
( a two tier lottery)

jwes said:
I've got the time 6500tt, 2600 PIC 121, B-737 typed since Feb 2005
plus a check airman....Met Ryan several times and he says it all looks good, just keep updating. Its the lottery, then you have to pass the interview.
( a two tier lottery)

thanks NEDude, 145 Lawndart and jwes!

Q for jwes: Who is Ryan and what is a two-tier lottery?

Applied October 2001, typed May 2002, interviewed December 2003 , references called , then got the letter to try again in a year. Over 9000 hours, retired military, 5 types, checkairman and FAA designee. Still waiting for a second chance. They say the usual is 2-3 times before you get onboard. Good luck it will be worth it :)

Ryan H. is a SWA rep that I've seen twice, once at Air inc. DC and another time at a Higher Power (B-737 type course) get together. He is really very nice and actually spends time looking at your resume and answering any questions you might have. He also conducts interviews at times.
And the two-tier lottery is just me saying how tough it seems lately to get on with SW

Typed 12/2001, applied 01/2002, all the time, friends onboard etc. Just got a call a week ago.

You just never know.

Anything worth doing, is worth waiting for.

Latest resources

Back