Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ksu_aviator

GO CATS
After reading the PSA Furloughs thread, I was wondering, who still has furloughs, who has recalled and who is hiring.

Miami Air International, just laid off 80 pilots our complete 737 FO list are all out on the pavement May 31st. All have 737NG type ratings and averge about 4000 hours each. We also laid off 25 727 captains and 20 FO's and 15 FE's. All of our FO's are now all captains that have been downgraded. We also have laid off 30 to 40 office workers and mechanic's are to follow in a few weeks.

Hawaiian has recalled all their furloughees. They're back in training and should be flying in a couple weeks.

Rumors have us hiring again this fall or winter, but that's just a rumor.

HAL

Do you guys have your 180 minute ETOPS approval for the 737-800? We just got ours, I should be in HNL for a 5 day layover this weekend.

We don't have the 737. That is Aloha Airlines.

We have 767-300's, and yes, we got 180 minute ETOPS with the delivery of the first plane. As for Aloha and their -800's, I haven't heard yet what their status is.

HAL

Wow

Now that sucks!!!

TurboS7 said:
Miami Air International, just laid off 80 pilots our complete 737 FO list are all out on the pavement May 31st. All have 737NG type ratings and averge about 4000 hours each. We also laid off 25 727 captains and 20 FO's and 15 FE's. All of our FO's are now all captains that have been downgraded. We also have laid off 30 to 40 office workers and mechanic's are to follow in a few weeks.

ATA will have new hire pilot classes in June and July. Professional Flight Engineers have been furloughed due to the retiring of the 727 fleet. Also, Chicago Express, ATA's regional airline is hiring pilots too.

Piedmont, I'm holding on with both hands!!

Its kinda like in the movie Aliens when they do the freefall drop out of orbit onto the planet surface, thats me.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back