How is the FO doing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Longhorn said:
unfortunatly, he is serious. The media has been airing his dirty laundy all day today and yesterday. The media is a discrace when it comes to things like this. Just disrespectful to do so given the circumstances.
Makes you wonder what the press could do to any of us after an incident or accident. Pretty scary.

I'm not a fan of the press for sure, but neither am I a fan of the guys that run my company, (We are based at JVY right across the river from Louisville) but I was pleased when one of the owners told me this afternoon that the press had contacted him asking him to speculate on the mishap. He told me that not only did he refused to comment but that any employee of his that did would be fired on the spot. Good for him, we all need to stop giving the moronic press fodder for their BS mill.

All of us here at PDT wish him the best, along with the rest of the Comair group!

Captain Overs said:
If that's true than this guys is the luckiest batard in the world. when he gets out of the hospital he should buy a lottery ticket.

I was thinking the exact same thing...hope he can make it through this. He sure was banged up. It will be interesting when they release the final report on how he was the only one that survived the crash.

I could see this on the show Seconds from Disaster in a few years.

Longhorn said:
unfortunatly, he is serious. The media has been airing his dirty laundy all day today and yesterday. The media is a discrace when it comes to things like this. Just disrespectful to do so given the circumstances.

Please don't tell us you're surprised by their actions, though. "Whatever sells", is their motto.

AF :cool:

Nope, not suprised at all. One of my immediate family members is known in the media, but he fortunatly enough does not spread this garbage or fit the stereotype when it comes to the media doing things like this.

Makes you wonder what the press could do to any of us after an incident or accident. Pretty scary.

I wonder what the families lawyers are going to do to him after he recovers.

It will be interesting when they release the final report on how he was the only one that survived the crash.

I read that the intensity of the fire prohibited any further rescues, and CNN said today that the NTSB stated that blunt force trauma was the leading cause of death for those on board.

Last edited:
phil said:
I wonder what the families lawyers are going to do to him after he recovers.

One thing I am sure of.....they won't think about the fact that the crew made a deadly mistake. A mistake that killed one person that made it and severely injured the other which was obviously an ACCIDENT. I am sure they will come for the blood money they "deserve" and make the FOs life so miserable he will wish he died. Then, after they get their "compensation" that won't bring their family member back, they can enjoy things we never will because they will be millionaires from blood money.

Latest resources

Back