How is the FO doing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tram said:
Can they actually sue him? I thought they'd have to go through the company?

It is scary what the legal system can do to you. Remember the shootout between the cops and those two bank robbers in LA? The families of the robbers sued some of the police officers involved and won the case. Financially devastating for the officers.
The legal system is so screwed up in this country that two border patrol officers find themselves in a shootout with foreign drug smugglers and the criminal gets immunity and the officers are charged with a crime.
Can they come after him? Regrettably, yes they can.

Once the lawyers get a hold of it they use scattergun lawsuits and sue everything and everyone. Hoping for out of court settlements from each of the companies and parties involved.

They will sue GE, Bombardier, Goodyear, Collins, Airport performance group, the FAA, Coca-Cola, Lance crackers, Biscoff, Fischer nuts, The seatbelt manufacturers, Flightsafety, ATP, and Comair. Did I miss any?

Bloodsuckers

Assuming the FO is physically able, and ever wants to step foot into an airplane again, will he be allowed to fly again, or is his career over? I'm referring to, if this officially is labeled "pilot error", and considering everything else. Just curious as to whether he will still have a job at Comair, or in the airline industry again.

To the best of my knowledge, there has never been a pilot successfully sued for an accident in the United States.

PilotOnTheRise said:
Just curious as to whether he will still have a job at Comair, or in the airline industry again.

It's pretty doubtful..

Be it.. pilot error.. or not.. They were still the ones behind the yoke when the plane got broken..

You bend a bird, at a big airline, you just bent your career..

If it were me whether or not I could fly again would be the least of my concerns.

COOPERVANE said:
They will sue GE, Bombardier, Goodyear, Collins, Airport performance group, the FAA, Coca-Cola, Lance crackers, Biscoff, Fischer nuts, The seatbelt manufacturers, Flightsafety, ATP, and Comair. Did I miss any?

Bloodsuckers

Yeah, the city of Lexington, police and fire departments, and the ambulance company.

Latest resources

Back