Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yaya said:
From the comair crash? Anybody know?

They just had a segment on it on the local Louisville news. He had multiple broken bones and took over 40 pints of blood. They brought him out of a drug induced coma today. He miraculously had not one single burn on his body.

He has a severely fractured face, two fractured vertabrae, a complex fracture of the pelvis, a complex fracture of the left leg, a fractured right foot, fractured right arm, three broken ribs and a fractured breastbone. As of yet they are not sure if he suffered any paralysis or not. Also hopeful but not sure of any brain damage. They say he's not out of the woods yet, but that they have treated many similar injuries in the UK Trauma Center.

Our prayers are with him.

Thanks for the info. I'm glad this was asked here. Does anyone know how he got out of the aircraft? Our thoughts are with him and the families of those onboard.

crashpad said:
Thanks for the info. I'm glad this was asked here. Does anyone know how he got out of the aircraft? Our thoughts are with him and the families of those onboard.

he was pulled out by the first people on scene. Today and yesterday's usa today had some article about it.

new york post says his wife shot him in the stomach in nov. 1999 after he threatened her with a sword. kinda strange

Someone from the Lexington police department got him out. They had him on the news here in Louisville. The officer was pretty shook up about it. Many props to him and all the rescue efforts, I respect their courage.

crashpad said:

He was pulled out by a Lexington city cop and to airport cops. The city cop received burns on the elbow from burning jet fuel. Thank you to the good men in blue who really do protect and serve.

unfortunatly, he is serious. The media has been airing his dirty laundy all day today and yesterday. The media is a discrace when it comes to things like this. Just disrespectful to do so given the circumstances.

eglpilot said:
new york post says his wife shot him in the stomach in nov. 1999 after he threatened her with a sword. kinda strange

If that's true than this guys is the luckiest batard in the world. when he gets out of the hospital he should buy a lottery ticket.

Latest resources

Back