• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is the FO doing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unless the FO is a millionare, they won't get much from him. You cannot sue somebody for something they don't have. I hope for the FO that he recovers and can live his life free from the lawyers of the victims' families. He will probably live with guilt and sorrow his entire life. That is sad enough in itself. I hope recovers and can move on from this. God Bless him and his family.

Thanks for the update on his situation, it is a critical time. Glad to see everyone has him in their thoughts and prayers, etc...

I know I'm ready to write this guy a check if the lawyers come after him. Same goes for everyone at Comair I've talked to.

I think the hurt and pain he will feel for the rest of his life because of this accident will make whatever the bloodsucking lawyers try and do to him inconsequential.

I cannot begin to fathom the mental anguish that this young man will have to endure after his recovery. I hope that his fellow pilots and Comair will provide him with the best psychiatric assistance available.

Physical wounds heal eventually; however, the mind is very tough to recover.

My thoughts are with him and his family as they deal with this tragedy.

He was handed the plane after the captain lined him up with Rw26. He was probably busy with the check list and when he took control had little time to analyze what was going on.

Prayers for the FO.

And for the controller, too. His distraction with other duties was one of the links in the chain of contributing factors; no doubt he will be tormented by "what if" thoughts for the rest of his life.

Can they actually sue him? I thought they'd have to go through the company?

They could probably figure out a way if he actually has something...but most pilots don't have enough for it to be worth the effort.

Latest resources

Back