How is QOL at Flight Options?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FalconPilot69

With the change in the scheduling, what is it like at Options now? For those who work there, would you recommend coming on board? I know some things about options from seveal websites, but I am looking for an insiders prospective.

Thank you.

With the new schedule (that is yet untested) it'll be like working for a regional for a little more base pay, a longer upgrade time, the joy of loading your own bags/cleaning your own airplanes, and no flexibility of commuting. Like a regional you WILL work long hours, you WILL have minimum rest, scheduling and dispatch WILL screw with you, your future and the Company's WILL be unclear, and you WILL spend a lot of your time (after the honeymoon) pi$$ed off.

I would reccommend this place to a young guy just looking to build some jet time. Of course, you could do that at a regional too but you never know, we may end up with a successful drive and a good contract that makes this place a career. I would NOT reccommend this place to a retired airline guy, it's not the type of thing I'd enjoy doing with my retirement.

If you do come work here, you'll be in the BE40, and with most of the BE40 and HSXP guys we're all pretty pro organization right now. You better be mailing in your ASAP card from the Holiday Inn at CGF while in indoc.

You Serious?

dime line said:
Hey Falcon Pilot, if you come here be ready to send in a union card!

Are they really looking an going union? If so, why/why not?

yes we are. Why would any group go union? Manegement taking away the reasons why you first started at the company.

Read the September issue of AIN. The article on the state of the fractional industry doesn't paint a rosy future for Flight Options.

leardawg said:
Read the September issue of AIN. The article on the state of the fractional industry doesn't paint a rosy future for Flight Options.

Does it for anyone? My issue has not arrived yet.

The gist of the article was that the fractional industry has changed since it's inception, that the major players all went through growing pains, and that the owners are more industry-savy than in the past. It portrayed Flight Options, however, as being on the shakiest ground of the "Big 4" (mentioning , among other things, an apparent high degree of owner dis-satisfaction and bad word-of-mouth among the jet-set). It seemed to portray Flops as the most likely of the 4 to not make it. At least, that's the impression I got.

Most of the guys and gals I know and fly with at Options are looking to get out. What does that say about the qol? Its great on your days off.

leardawg said:

Anyone got a link to the article??

Latest resources

Back