Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

how highly do the "regi's" (regionals) look at...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDREsquire1224

How highly do the "regi's" (regionals) look at...

...flight time with virtual-type airlines, like WestWind, especially the simulated instrument part? I was talking to someone in an FBO (undisclosed, but it was in Florida and the identifier ended in BI, LOL!) and they said that it might be worth putting on a resume if I had some solid time ( I do). I was like well it can't hurt! After all I do most of my trips while watching Tila so that is a pretty big distraction and I still make all the radios and restrictions!! Thanks in advance for any advice I'll be flying with you guys for real soon!! Can't wait!!

Last edited:
I'll be blunt: Don't do it. At best, it won't have any effect. But more likely, it'll be viewed as claiming "airline experience" that you don't have, or paint you as more than a little bit strange. I honestly don't think it'll do anything but hurt your chances. There is no "solid time" flying Microsoft Flight Simulator, and it'll be nothing but fluff on a resume that they'll see right through.

And nobody calls them "regi's" in the real world. ;)

Good luck!

...flight time with virtual-type airlines, like WestWind, especially the simulated instrument part? I was talking to someone in an FBO (undisclosed, but it was in Florida and the identifier ended in BI, LOL!) and they said that it might be worth putting on a resume if I had some solid time ( I do). I was like well it can't hurt! After all I do most of my trips while watching Tila so that is a pretty big distraction and I still make all the radios and restrictions!! Thanks in advance for any advice I'll be flying with you guys for real soon!! Can't wait!!
Since you "almost" flew an airplane, they will "almost" interview and hire you.

Last edited:
100% flame

More FOD:

I was flying around yesterday on final and there was a big rj creeping up behind me. I had to get on the mike and ask tower to get him to slow down. Just a remember to all you guys, go slow around airports! by the way, I saw him on TCAS (Traffic collision alarm sounds) because our planes have that. we're training to be good pilots!

You're either a complete idiot that has no business anywhere near any kind of machinery or this is a gag post. If the latter is true, not bad.:laugh:

If the former is true....:uzi:

at least make the flame believable, i give it a C-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back