Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

your_dreamguy

Ok,

So, last night, I tried to go to sleep at the hotel on my overnight at 9 PM. I am light sleeper. Then, the next door trash comes rolling in at midnight and wakes me up. They continue to talk and be so loud that I cannot get back to sleep. I call their room and ask them if they could please be quieter. They apologize and remain quiet for about 10 minutes. Then they start yapping again, real loud. It's now 1:30AM and I have to wake up at 4:30 AM.

There are other situations where people are drunk outside my door, people are cranking the music up or using ice machines at an odd hour. Most non-business people treat a hotel stay as a party.

Do you have any good suggestions on you've handled situations like this? Anyway, good ideas on how to get even?

Thx.

1) Call in fatigued
2) Call their room in the morning every 20 minutes from about 7AM to 10AM (if you are awake then).

Yep, call in fatigue. With the scrutiny of Colgan accident, I don't think any airline including the trashy ones are stupid enough to challenge fatigue calls.

I always make sure to slam my door shut when I'm leaving early in the morning. Also, don't forget to steal their newspaper.

Ditto.

At AirTran they have a self-walk procedure to a better (business class) hotel if there is a problem. So, after you

a.) Call the people in the room and try to get them to quiet down
b.) Call the front desk, lodge a complaint, and ask them if there's a quiet business-only area of the hotel you can move to,
c.) Determine there's nowhere quiet enough to get adequate rest,

You call Crew Scheduling, tell them your hotel is unacceptable because of noise and the hotel can't fix the situation, you are now too fatigued to make your morning report, and are moving to another hotel under the self-walk procedure and ask them to set up a direct-bill for it under our self-walk procedures.

Then you go, call when you get there, reset your rest clock, and go to sleep.

After enough of these causing enough problems, they'll eventually get the hint and look into either blocking a section of rooms in the hotel where ONLY flight crews and business people stay - no families with kids or partiers, or they'll move hotels, but it takes enough people self-walking.

The fatigue call canceling the EMO usually gets someone's attention about the problem.

Slam the door off the hinges when you leave at O'dark-thirty. At least it'll make you feel better.

I have a sleep machine, white noise make that I carry with me to use when the AC system is the kind that you can't have the fan on continuously or isn't loud enough to drown out the noise of the hotel. Its 50 bucks on ebay.

RV

Ditto.

At AirTran they have a self-walk procedure to a better (business class) hotel if there is a problem. So, after you

a.) Call the people in the room and try to get them to quiet down
b.) Call the front desk, lodge a complaint, and ask them if there's a quiet business-only area of the hotel you can move to,
c.) Determine there's nowhere quiet enough to get adequate rest,

You call Crew Scheduling, tell them your hotel is unacceptable because of noise and the hotel can't fix the situation, you are now too fatigued to make your morning report, and are moving to another hotel under the self-walk procedure and ask them to set up a direct-bill for it under our self-walk procedures.

Then you go, call when you get there, reset your rest clock, and go to sleep.

After enough of these causing enough problems, they'll eventually get the hint and look into either blocking a section of rooms in the hotel where ONLY flight crews and business people stay - no families with kids or partiers, or they'll move hotels, but it takes enough people self-walking.

The fatigue call canceling the EMO usually gets someone's attention about the problem.

What about the poor passengers who planned there business trip or vacation around your planned departure in the AM? Now you are going to screw them over by being late. Just by some earplugs and go to sleep.

I always figure out what room they are in and call pretending to be the front desk. A few nasty threatening calls usually shuts them up.

And don't forget to take the Do Not Disturb sign off of their door when strolling past..........

:cool:
I also put a note that is large enough for passers-by to read but, small enough to slide in the card slot that reads " INCONSIDERATE PR_ICKS". Made feel better anyway.

Latest resources

Back