• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How do you handle Dumba$$ hotel guests?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take you alarm clock.....relocate it next to the wall that you share with the offending people......place the speaker of the alarm against the wall.....set the alarm to go off 10 mins after you leave, make sure it is on buzzer.......go to lobby....call the room with the idiots in it to ensure they are awake....the alarm will go iff within a few minutes and keep them up for the length of the buzzer...(I usually set it to stay on for 55 mins if the alarm clock allows such a setting.)... to ensure that you do not bother other guests place a pillow on the other side of the colock to deaden the sound toward the other rooms.....If the people are real jerks I call one more time from the airport.

That's just me though....I'm pretty laid back...

Now that all those seeking revenge are done, I always refuse rooms that are near ice machines/vending areas, elevators and stairwell exit doors since these tend to be noisy. In addition to the ear plugs thing, try turning the AC/Heat Fan On Full Speed to create a consistent noise. But when in doubt, don't fly fatigued!

All good ideas. But let me add...call security...don't call the people in the room. That could start more problems than you need or can handle.

Let the professionals take care of it.

In the past, after calling in fatigued...I have left my TV on full blast....had the alarm radio on with the speakers towards their wall....slammed my door as I left the room...turned their "Do Not Disturb" sign to the "Please Clean Room" side...called their room from the lobby...not once...not twice...but a bunch of times...and ordered room service for them....and on one occasion, also called from the airport, for effect.

Do you have any good suggestions on you've handled situations like this? Anyway, good ideas on how to get even?

Thx
My first question is why weren't you in the room with them having a good time and ......... then you call in sick because you are probably drunk to fly.

My next suggestion is get hired by a major so you stay at places like Marriot and Hitlon.

Last edited:
What about the poor passengers who planned there business trip or vacation around your planned departure in the AM? Now you are going to screw them over by being late. Just by some earplugs and go to sleep.

It sucks, but those passengers rely on us to get them to their destination SAFELY. On-time is a distant consideration.. I am lucky, I can normally fall asleep quickly...but not everybody has that luxury.

LATE IS BETTER THAN NEVER

James Mejia
XJT CA

Last edited:
So AM door slammers, you need to wake the whole hall because of a few d!cks! Think about the night crews that may have only gotten to sleep an hour or two earlier and may be on min rest! Call the desk, if noise continues, wake THEM in the morning with calls or an unfriendly knock or ten. It happens to me, but no matter what time of day, I try not to slam the door and wake innocent folk!

Can I ask that you don't slam your door?

Usually airline crews are stuck in the same part of the hotel. Your door slam might not get the intended target who is too passed out to notice. It WILL probably wake up the adjacent airline crew who had the same lousy sleep you did and who is hoping to get that last precious 30 minutes before having to wake up for that 14 hour day.

I walk over to the offender's room in my boxer shorts and kindly tell them that we have to work the next day and PLEASE, please, please be quiet. There is a great lobby downstairs for hooting and hollering.

If it is some guy and his girlfriend, odds are he'll be done in 15 minutes.

Take you alarm clock.....relocate it next to the wall that you share with the offending people......place the speaker of the alarm against the wall.....set the alarm to go off 10 mins after you leave, make sure it is on buzzer.......go to lobby....call the room with the idiots in it to ensure they are awake....the alarm will go iff within a few minutes and keep them up for the length of the buzzer...(I usually set it to stay on for 55 mins if the alarm clock allows such a setting.)... to ensure that you do not bother other guests place a pillow on the other side of the colock to deaden the sound toward the other rooms.....If the people are real jerks I call one more time from the airport.

That's just me though....I'm pretty laid back...

Perfect.......Thanks!

It sucks, but those passengers rely on us to get them to their destination SAFELY. On-time is a distant consideration.. I am lucky, I can normally fall asleep quickly...but not everybody has that luxury.

LATE IS BETTER THAN NEVER

James Mejia
XJT CA []

CORRECT SIR!

What about the crews that get in around 12am, and feel the need to talk in the hallway about how hard the day was and how its going to suck in the morning, then they all proceed to slam the door

Latest resources

Back