How Competitive is CitationShares?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zawillif

I've seen the posted minimums. Do they ever hire below this or are the minimums hard limits?

I'm 23 with 1100 hours, 600 of it 121 turbojet. I want to get to CS as soon as possible. I realize now I'm a little low but I'm thinking more of when I have 1500TT. I'm pretty laid back and prep well for interviews. Do I have a chance?

Also I've heard that they don't like to hire young pilots (ie 23). Is this true? Thanks for any info. Can't wait to join you guys.

I've seen the posted minimums. Do they ever hire below this or are the minimums hard limits?

I'm 23 with 1100 hours, 600 of it 121 turbojet. I want to get to CS as soon as possible. I realize now I'm a little low but I'm thinking more of when I have 1500TT. ....

1500TT is 500 hours short of their published minimums:

Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (Multi-Engine Land)
Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
2,000 hours total pilot time
1,500 hours fixed wing multi-engine time
750 hours pilot-in-command time
500 hours turbine time
200 hours within the last 12 months
Restricted Radiotelephone Operators Permit
Current Passport

I'm pretty sure the mins are hard.

As far as young, not a problem, I flew with a 25 year old captain here....

Goood luck

I think their average hire has around 6000 hours.

That said, it never hurts to start applying when you meet the minimums.

And remember, when some company that says the average new hire has X hours, it just means that some have more than X hours and some have less than X hours. When I got hired at NetJets, the touted average TT for new-hires was 5700 hours but I had less than that.

If you want to go to CS, start applying when you meet their mins.

I applied a year ago and the chief pilot responded back with a thanks but no thanks. They want alot of flight time and typically like old guys and gals. Lots of retired airline guys i guess.

Good luck though. If you know the right people than it doesnt matter i guess.

I'm 23 with 1100 hours, 600 of it 121 turbojet. I want to get to CS as soon as possible.

How did you manage to get into an RJ with 500 TT? Just curious - not flaming you at all.

That happens all the time now - the last time I flew on a Mesa Dash 8 the FO only had about 500 hours. And the Captain was a street hire. And we were going into Aspen. And both of them were younger than me (<30). I gave some thought to waiting for the next flight but I doubt it would have been any better. They did a fine job with it though so I guess I cant complain...

I'm 23 with 1100 hours, 600 of it 121 turbojet. I want to get to CS as soon as possible. I realize now I'm a little low but I'm thinking more of when I have 1500TT. I'm pretty laid back and prep well for interviews. Do I have a chance?

Also I've heard that they don't like to hire young pilots (ie 23). Is this true? Thanks for any info. Can't wait to join you guys.

Evidently you can't read and you can't search for their minimums on their website. Doubt you have a chance if you can't read. By the way, 1500 hours is less than 2000 hours. You are too laid back to even search their website... I'm sure you'll be responsive to customer needs. Good luck.

Evidently you can't read and you can't search for their minimums on their website. Doubt you have a chance if you can't read. By the way, 1500 hours is less than 2000 hours. You are too laid back to even search their website... I'm sure you'll be responsive to customer needs. Good luck.

Take it easy there johnson.. your gonna live up to your name. He said he had read their posted mins.. wanted to know if they hired below those.. I think it was a legit question as some do hire those without posted mins.

Latest resources

Back