• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How Competitive is CitationShares?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The pay is public knowledge, so that makes all of us qualified to comment, I never said that the experience gained was lacking.
I guess I need to remind you of this comment:
So Paying your dues at your Regional.....I don't think so.....
What exactly does this comment have to do with the pay? "Paying your dues" is all about "the experience gained." :rolleyes:

zawillif,

You're, what? Around 21 or 22 years old? Heck, I started flying at 15, and then started instructing at 17. Got a job flying jets for a charter operator at 21. Finally, at 27 I landed my present gig with NJA (10 long years ago! Is time accerlating?!). My W2 didn't show more than 30K until I was 26 (and my first instructing job paid $700/month).
My point?
I can understand completely where you're coming from. This is a tough business. Hang in there and take the positive advice offered on this thread (ignore the negative comments. Sounds like a little jealousy for someone so young and inexperienced getting so far already). In the past, I found staying in touch with prospective employers and being persistent with a good attitude went a long way in offsetting my lack of experience. Also, if you meet someone who can help you, it's NOT cheating. It would be foolish to walk past open doors because someone on this board gets jealous of people with connections.

And to the person who implied that zawillif couldn't "manage his assets", well, maybe it's been a while since you were at that income level. Even for a single person, $18K won't get you a place to stay in a safe neighborhood, a reliable mode of transportation, AND put food on the table. Sometimes it's hard to believe some of the immature comments on this board.

Good luck Z!

I applied last summer. I was 23 years old with 3000 hours total time, 700 in a learjet. 1000 multi blah blah... I was never at a regional. Got a letter kindly stating that 5-6000 hours was competitive at Citation Shares at the time. Sent a resume to Avantair and was offered a job two weeks later... Ive never looked back, have you considered other fractionals???

Thank God most on this board were not regional FO. Anybody that was I'm sorry, but you took that job (sucks to be you). So Paying your dues at your Regional.....I don't think so......Sounds like bad management of your personal assets.

like flying cargo or charter for some craphole is better? or maybe you were a oh so special military pilot.

I never stated that flying for a regional was not "paying your dues". Only that zawillaf's claim of paying his dues for six years was BS. He doesn't even have ATP mins yet and he claims to have been paying his dues. Please.....what a joke! I wish him the best of luck but that statement he's been paying his dues since he started college was ridiculous. realityman clearly thought as I had.

I know someone who has been at AE for the last four years and I'd agree, that's paying your dues! Although if you counted that persons time as a CFI, flying 135 and going to college he's been paying dues for over 10 years based on zawillaf's definition. Yah, I'm real jealous of someone flying an RJ. Have had the chance offered to me and have turned it down. Just a personal choice.

Mr. I.

Latest resources

Back