• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How Competitive is CitationShares?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No prob I can see how I'm coming across like this. I just want to point out that I've been paying my dues for 6 years. And I will continue to pay them for as long as necessary. This past year especially living waaay below the poverty level and barely being able to afford food was awesome. And it wasn't a great break it was years of hard work that got me the internship which got me the reduced interview minimums. I was the only 1 of 30 applicants chosen for the internship from my school because I worked my ass off and was competitive, I didn't know anyone.

That all being said I realize that I do need to pay my dues, and I will quietly and comfortably fly my RJ until I can get the hell out of the crappy regional industry. I'm not looking for a handout; it's just in my nature to be competitive and to always look for the advantage over the other guy. I refuse to be one of these 8 year regional captains with 10000 hours who just got comfortable with the semi-good schedule and mediocare pay. I'm not knocking it; it may be for some guys, but its not for me.

I don't intend to be a negative voice but of those six years, four you were probably in college. That time period is NOT "paying your dues". No wonder you were looking to see if you could get in with less than the posted mins. If I were you I would redefine the definition of "paying your dues". Particularly considering you were in an RJ when you should have been instructing in the right seat of a 172. That sure as hell wasn't "paying your dues" either.

Mr. I.

I don't intend to be a negative voice but of those six years, four you were probably in college. That time period is NOT "paying your dues". No wonder you were looking to see if you could get in with less than the posted mins. If I were you I would redefine the definition of "paying your dues". Particularly considering you were in an RJ when you should have been instructing in the right seat of a 172. That sure as hell wasn't "paying your dues" either.

Mr. I.

It isn't uncommon to find 5-6 year regional FOs. And if you don't think being a regional FO paying dues, then you have never been a regional FO.

Thank God most on this board were not regional FO. Anybody that was I'm sorry, but you took that job (sucks to be you). So Paying your dues at your Regional.....I don't think so......Sounds like bad management of your personal assets.

zawillif -

PIC is a must, TT will be enough if you've been a PIC somewhere...doesn't really matter where.

Someone mentioned the AirInc Conference. This would be your best bet to get something going with CS. I know a guy who went to one, he went straight to the CS booth before any others (they like that btw)........and talked to Barry Lambert (assist. chief pilot). If you show him you really want to work for CS, you'll eventually get the job.

My newhire class consisted of about 5 retired airline guys, 5 regional guys (all Capt's), and a couple 135/91 corporate guys (also Captains). The lowest time/experienced guy had been flying a King Air with about 3800 hours TT.

Good Luck.

Thank God most on this board were not regional FO. Anybody that was I'm sorry, but you took that job (sucks to be you). So Paying your dues at your Regional.....I don't think so......Sounds like bad management of your personal assets.

I was a "commuter" FO before "commuter" was a taboo term. I still don't know why. It has to be some type of ego thing.:rolleyes: Anyway, it was some of the most fun I have ever had flying.

X

If you were a regional FO, you're qualified to comment. If not, then you're not. Zip it.

Not necessarily. The regionals are a good way to get jet multi-engine time. When I was hired into the regionals, they were a good place to be with quick upgrades and then a move to the majors.

The only thing certain in aviation is change. It's all a crapshoot. Your fractionals could fold. Your corporate flight department could lose its plane. Your major could merge. Your regional could become a LFC and go out of business or have its contract rebid.

If you've had a good experience in aviation, you've more likely been lucky than smart.

5000 hrs TT and got the thanks, but no thanks from Mr Lambert.

Not necessarily. The regionals are a good way to get jet multi-engine time. When I was hired into the regionals, they were a good place to be with quick upgrades and then a move to the majors.

Pretty much sums up why our industry is all f....ed up. Every operator of any plane thinks your there to move onto bigger and better,(so they pay crap) all the while your working and flying your axx off to make that business or individual that much better off.

If you've had a good experience in aviation, you've more likely been lucky than smart

Can't agree with you more

If you were a regional FO, you're qualified to comment. If not, then you're not. Zip it

The pay is public knowledge, so that makes all of us qualified to comment, I never said that the experience gained was lacking.

Latest resources

Back