• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How Competitive is CitationShares?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks all for the info. Sounds like I'm gonna have to meet someone for a chance.

Or you can "pay your dues" like the rest of us. I hate to pick on you or the system, but you got a great break to get into an RJ with 500 hrs, now you want to "meet someone for a chance". Fly your RJ. Build your flight time. Upgrade to Captain. Get some experience. Meet or exceed the posted minimums. Apply. If you are any good, your qualifications will open the doors for you.

Dont rely on others to carry you thru life.

Or you can "pay your dues" like the rest of us. I hate to pick on you or the system, but you got a great break to get into an RJ with 500 hrs, now you want to "meet someone for a chance". Fly your RJ. Build your flight time. Upgrade to Captain. Get some experience. Meet or exceed the posted minimums. Apply. If you are any good, your qualifications will open the doors for you.

Dont rely on others to carry you thru life.

No prob I can see how I'm coming across like this. I just want to point out that I've been paying my dues for 6 years. And I will continue to pay them for as long as necessary. This past year especially living waaay below the poverty level and barely being able to afford food was awesome. And it wasn't a great break it was years of hard work that got me the internship which got me the reduced interview minimums. I was the only 1 of 30 applicants chosen for the internship from my school because I worked my ass off and was competitive, I didn't know anyone.

That all being said I realize that I do need to pay my dues, and I will quietly and comfortably fly my RJ until I can get the hell out of the crappy regional industry. I'm not looking for a handout; it's just in my nature to be competitive and to always look for the advantage over the other guy. I refuse to be one of these 8 year regional captains with 10000 hours who just got comfortable with the semi-good schedule and mediocare pay. I'm not knocking it; it may be for some guys, but its not for me.

No prob I can see how I'm coming across like this. I just want to point out that I've been paying my dues for 6 years. And I will continue to pay them for as long as necessary. This past year especially living waaay below the poverty level and barely being able to afford food was awesome. And it wasn't a great break it was years of hard work that got me the internship which got me the reduced interview minimums. I was the only 1 of 30 applicants chosen for the internship from my school because I worked my ass off and was competitive, I didn't know anyone.

That all being said I realize that I do need to pay my dues, and I will quietly and comfortably fly my RJ until I can get the hell out of the crappy regional industry. I'm not looking for a handout; it's just in my nature to be competitive and to always look for the advantage over the other guy. I refuse to be one of these 8 year regional captains with 10000 hours who just got comfortable with the semi-good schedule and mediocare pay. I'm not knocking it; it may be for some guys, but its not for me.

Wow!!! Someone actually had a responsible reply AND post. You may have to bring the maturity level down a notch to really fit in.....LOL!

Good answer, btw.

28 yrs old, hired at CS two years ago with 2700tt. Built a relationshp with them for 4 years, and got the job. Keep the faith!

MR. IRRELEVANT: I'm with CS and I know the guy you're talking about who's from Airnow. He has 6000+ hours and was an assistant chief pilot. Great pilot to fly with.

They are looking for high time people, because the high end people in the back demand it and pay a lot of money.

If you want a job with any fractional, the regionals are a great way to get the experience we're looking for. Go throw the gear at a Mesa, Transtates, Mesaba, Piedmont, Chautauqua, and the about 30 more I can think of.

There is a difference between quality time vs just filling the logbook.

Latest resources

Back