• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Both sides think the deal sucks!

You know what that means.

That is a joke right? 19-0 right?

SWA pilots had a skip in their voice on the radio today. Acknowledging our existance in the terminal today. Thanks for the sympathy.

Back to the table if both sides are smart. Arbitration if we r both really f'ing stupid.

Last edited:
That is a joke right? 19-0 right?

SWA pilots had a skip in their voice on the radio today. Acknowledging our existance in the terminal today. Thanks for the sympathy.

Back to the table if both sides are smart. Arbitration if we r both really f'ing stupid.

Since you have started 18 threads today, will you start 35 tomorrow?

I'm thinking 815 AAI captains will vote yes...and then they just need a few First Officers to vote yes.

This is sounding close to 50-50 on the SW side. Just sayin'

Ahhhhhhh Okay. I think if they don't send this deal to the membership, you guys will burn the house down, but we'll see.

I see it being a done deal on the AAI side. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

I don't believe there's enough votes to "burn the house down" if the MEC decides not to send it out for vote.

The vast majority of the people who actually ATTEND LEC/MEC meetings are the people on our forum who don't like this proposal. If the MEC kills it and someone calls an LEC meeting for the purpose of recalling one or more reps, I doubt it will make it out of session to a line pilot vote, and the recall will die (which is the only way to change the MEC voting demographics and would take a month or so to complete anyway).

In that scenario, let's say the MC brings back final language end of this week / 1st of next week. The MEC takes 2-3 days to analyze it and hear from legal, we have an open MEC meeting, then they vote at the end of next week, that's Aug 12th. Just for argument's sake, let's say they kill it.

By the time someone could call a special meeting for the purpose of recall, the LEC Chair gives enough advance notice for people to bid around it so they can show up and get proxies, have the meeting, then if it's successful at the LOCAL level, the LEC Chair requests ALPA National send it out for vote, get a 15-day voting period (bare minimum), and get a result, you're looking at 30-40 days out from August 12th; that's the end of September.

Then (assuming I'm wrong and a recall is successful) you have to nominate and vote replacement reps, and who says you get a replacement that will vote any differently? In an interim election, it's done by local council meeting, not by system-wide voting, so it's just the voting members of the pilots present at that special meeting. Get enough people present at that meeting to vote one way and you put your candidate in office.

In the meantime, we'll have blown through the last of the negotiation/mediation timelines and we'll be starting arbitration anyway. There's just not enough time to do anything meaningful by "burning down the house".

If you don't like the deal, vote NO. Will guys like TY vote no if he is a Captain and can keep his seat? Good question. But, if you don't like it, vote NO.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hell no he isn't going to no! Nor is any of thier capts. It will pass.

Latest resources

Back