• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How Bad is the coporate life stlye?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At our operation everyone loads and unloads the bags. It really isn't a big deal (unless you have a bad back or something). Most of us are Captains, so the whole FO servitude thing doesn't apply.

Now a training contract? No good company (airline or corporate) would need to require one of these. That is a warning sign.

Machdog...
Training contracts are bad; but if you make the decision to sign one then have the personal integrety to honor it if you decide to leave early. One of the big reasons why they're out there is because a lot of guys have decided to bail on a company shortly after getting the company to invest big $$$ for type ratings and training. Unfortunately, in many cases, we've brought it on ourselves.

'Sled

User997 said:
Free high dollar hotels, free food, free transportation, free entertainment, it's all taken care of.

nothing is free. also there are probably people out there that wouldn't like to cruise around the beach in a convertable for four days, although i am not one of them.

Machdog1 said:
Thanks guys for the post obviously yes I didn't proof read!! **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** you guys are harsh! Sorry for the misleading post I heard that the coporate world, "could", suck I just wanted opinions. Just one other question, whats with these 2 year training contracts how legal are they??

Wow, this post is a grammatical train wreck as well. You’re definitely a believer in run-on sentences.

Gulfstream 200 said:
If you seriously load the luggage by yourself while the PIC watches from the FBO you are a tool.:D

Gulfstream, buddy... the Captain, just as much as I, loads and unloads the baggage. Usually ends up being the one who isn't inside picking up the clearance when the passengers arrive.

And besides, the Captain I normally fly with has 14K+ hours. I figured he's loaded more then his share of baggage in his life already, so it's not beneath me to load the bags if he doesn't want to. Maybe when I get to your hours, I'll have the opinion you do - but for now :p

Training contracts are not necessarily a warning sign. Usually they are, but not always. I know of two very good corporate operators that have training contracts. All because a couple of furloughed airline pilots went to work for them and then bailed in less than a year to go back to 'their' airlines. One of them asked his former corporate employer for his job back after 9/11. Guess what their answer was?

Corporate operators are like airlines. Some good, a few great ones and some bad ones. And just because the operator has his aircraft on a 135 certificate, it shouldn't raise warning flags. There are some advantages to being on a 135 certificate. Besides it adds interest to the flying.

Everyone needs to work together. There is no 'I' in team. There are some oldtimers that still don't get it. But they are becoming fewer and fewer. At our operations, when the G4 is going on a long international trip, even the pilot who isn't going comes out to help.

I have an issue with the high lifestyle folks out there. If you look at many of the corporate operations that went under, the spending habits of the flight crews on the road helped that process along. Why stay at the Hemsley when a Hilton or Holiday Inn will do. It is one thing if nothing else is available, but to stay there because you can, does hurt the department. Especially if the 'Boss' is staying at the Holiday Inn. Or having a $200 bottle of wine with your filet minon for dinner. Or renting a Rolls Royce, when a National rent car mid size will be more than enough. Guys who do these type of things have soured many companies on corporate aviation. It comes down to being reasonable.

User997 said:
Gulfstream, buddy... the Captain, just as much as I, loads and unloads the baggage. Usually ends up being the one who isn't inside picking up the clearance when the passengers arrive.

And besides, the Captain I normally fly with has 14K+ hours. I figured he's loaded more then his share of baggage in his life already, so it's not beneath me to load the bags if he doesn't want to. Maybe when I get to your hours, I'll have the opinion you do - but for now :p

I thought he sat inside?? sorry....but anyways...

I dont give a $hit if he has 4 million hours...what does that have to do with it? did he EARN his right to sit on his a$$ in the FBO while you load luggage?? I would tell him if he dosent like to load bags go get a F'n airline job.

Its not beneath ANYONE to load bags IMHO...

Maybe his old 14,000 hr a$$ needs to retire?

Whatever....if you enjoy giving him a break...just sounds like a real A$$HOLE to me...sitting inside while you load.

check back in 6 months and let us know how the baggage loading and the weekends away with "free meals" are...

"free"......puhhlease...as said before - nothing is free.

Last edited:
Rick1128 said:
Training contracts are not necessarily a warning sign. Usually they are, but not always. I know of two very good corporate operators that have training contracts. All because a couple of furloughed airline pilots went to work for them and then bailed in less than a year to go back to 'their' airlines. One of them asked his former corporate employer for his job back after 9/11. Guess what their answer was?

Corporate operators are like airlines. Some good, a few great ones and some bad ones. And just because the operator has his aircraft on a 135 certificate, it shouldn't raise warning flags. There are some advantages to being on a 135 certificate. Besides it adds interest to the flying.

Everyone needs to work together. There is no 'I' in team. There are some oldtimers that still don't get it. But they are becoming fewer and fewer. At our operations, when the G4 is going on a long international trip, even the pilot who isn't going comes out to help.

I have an issue with the high lifestyle folks out there. If you look at many of the corporate operations that went under, the spending habits of the flight crews on the road helped that process along. Why stay at the Hemsley when a Hilton or Holiday Inn will do. It is one thing if nothing else is available, but to stay there because you can, does hurt the department. Especially if the 'Boss' is staying at the Holiday Inn. Or having a $200 bottle of wine with your filet minon for dinner. Or renting a Rolls Royce, when a National rent car mid size will be more than enough. Guys who do these type of things have soured many companies on corporate aviation. It comes down to being reasonable.

Well put. I've signed several contracts in my life and have never regretted it. Good companies, who am I to question what form of assurance they want when they are investing money in my upgrade. I've always thought it was just 'put your money where your mouth is'. If I truely plan to stay for an extended period, then I've been happy to sign. If you don't know if you are going to want to work for the corporation, then research further or look elsewhere. It's a personal choice, but it's not right to put down the choices that people have made. Take it from an old-timer who has gotten a bunch of ratings and never paid for one of them. All you guys that are so against them, you might wanna start asking yourself 'why'.

Ace

i have a bunch and never paid or signed contracts for any of them, but then again no one ever asked me to. case by case situation.

Latest resources

Back