How Bad is the coporate life stlye?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ace-of-the-Base said:
Well put. I've signed several contracts in my life and have never regretted it. Good companies, who am I to question what form of assurance they want when they are investing money in my upgrade. I've always thought it was just 'put your money where your mouth is'. If I truely plan to stay for an extended period, then I've been happy to sign. If you don't know if you are going to want to work for the corporation, then research further or look elsewhere. It's a personal choice, but it's not right to put down the choices that people have made. Take it from an old-timer who has gotten a bunch of ratings and never paid for one of them. All you guys that are so against them, you might wanna start asking yourself 'why'.

Ace

And the answer most of us will come up with is ; we wish to leave our options for future employment "open".

Ace-of-the-Base said:
All you guys that are so against them, you might wanna start asking yourself 'why'.

Ace
Because my handshake is more binding than any contract. Every boss I've had since my paper route in junior high will vouch for that.

Last edited:
semperfido said:
but that was then and this is now. 100---whoopee

Welcome to the 100 club! It's all downhill from here. Endless nights up posting.

Back to this thread, it's amazing after all the smoke clears, how may pilots have so many reasons why it's wrong to put pen to paper that they'll stick around for a year or two. One poster said "keep my options open". That kind of attitude in this business is why these seem to exist. For the guys that would stay on their handshake, there is no reason not to sign, for the guys who want "open options" there is a huge reason to not sign. The latter is not wanted by a large corporation either. As for "don't need a contract", I tried that with my wife when she was still my girlfriend...didn't work.

Anyway all you other guys, sign, don't sign, doesn't matter a lick to me. I have a pretty good gig. We are all free to pick our criterea of what makes a good (or some have even said "safe") corporate flight department. I think it goes WAY beyond whether they require a contract or not.

Ace

Gulfstream 200 said:
If you seriously load the luggage by yourself while the PIC watches from the FBO you are a tool.

I would just go sit in the warm airplane and refer the questions to the "Captain" when they ask why nothing is getting done.

Tell the Capt that if he wants a biatch on the trip that he needs to bring his wife.

Get some pride boy.

:D .
Makes me laugh. But sooo true! Not blowing smoke up you're arse G200 but you've hit the nail on the head again.;)

Latest resources

Back