Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wiskey Driver

Return of the Hub Raider
I have been reading a number of different pilot message boards and the general feeling is that Mesa pilots are going to find it really hard to get to and from work on outside carriers. Well I hope it was worth it to you, your career and I hope you people live in your base.

WD.

Kudos to SkyWest if what I hear is true about refusing ALL Mesa pilots on their jumpseat. Of course we're not starting a war here... but good luck!

ha ha ha.

S.

I agree completely. I jump on Skywest all the time and ever since I was told they cancelled their jumpseat agreement with Freedumb/Mesa I personally thank the guys up front and commend them for protecting the professionalism of our industry from the spineless wannabees at Mesa. Sorry to come off so harsh but you guys remind me of "battered wife syndrome". Glad to see the talk at our company of doing away with the jumpseat as well.

I will gladly take 21.26% of mesa pilots (the ones that voted no)

But first I will refuse 76.74%. And I will refuse them all first!

SkyWest's JS agreement with Mesa was actually terminated by Mesa management about 4 weeks ago because the pilot group and management at SkyWest elected to not allow Freedom pilots in the jumpseats. It was never stated that SkyWest wouldn't allow Mesa pilots to JS, but since they (JO & Cronies) couldn't get SkyWest to offer the jump to Freedom's pilots, they basically took their ball and went home. You know...the whole "If I can't get my way, I don't wanna play" thing. Again, this was about a month before the Mesa TA was voted on, and to my knowledge had nothing to do with the TA.

Just wanted to clarify that.

Now...the question is...will SkyWest's pilots ever allow Mesa back ON to their JS agreement list?? Hmm...

CaptainBrazilia said:
...but since they (JO & Cronies) couldn't get SkyWest to offer the jump to Freedom's pilots, they basically took their ball and went home.

Sounds like they took the pilot groups nads with them also.

i'll just take your name and refer it to the jumpseat committee. After all ALPA is reccomending we sign this TA, the same pilots union that represents MOST OF YOU!!

Nope. Mesa ALPA does NOT represent me! THANK GOD UP IN HEAVEN! Our MEC at AirWis, supported by the pilot group fought for a good contract. How many informational pickets did Mesa hold? You guys have a strike center? I'm guessing Mesa ALPA didn't take advantage of ALPA National resources. Mainly due to the fact they knew Mesa pilots are weak and wouldn't vote for a strike.

I always thought you guys were weak, thanks for confirming my position.

Good job!

S.

Latest resources

Back