Houston Area Merlin Copilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mjmcint

I thought some of you guys might have interest in this.

MJ

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Applications are being accepted for qualified pilots with turbine experience. Our Houston Hooks Based Corporation currently operates a Merlin IIIB and is planning on adding a second. Members of our copilot pool will receive priority consideration for pilot positions in our future aircraft. We are also accepting resumes for non-compensated copilots interested in gaining turbine experience. Candidates must have at least a multi-engine commercial certificate and a class II medical. Interested pilots should submit a resume with a cover letter to [email protected].

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We are also accepting resumes for non-compensated copilots interested in gaining turbine experience.

Unfortunately, there will be too many people interested in THAT!

I guess "non-compensated" is better that "pay to play"...:rolleyes:

Another quality company trying to exploit pilots. If you need pilots then pay them. I've been looking for a professional insurred maid to come clean my house for free, but as of yet, no takers. If your airplane is single pilot certificated and your insurance does not require 2 pilots and your normal ops is single pilot, then you maybe doing someone a favor. If this is not the case quit patting yourself on the back or come clean my house.

FYI,

This is a single pilot op with no second pilot required by insurance. I do my best to get money for these guys when I can. The trips usually intail 3-4 days expenses paid at some beach resort in Mexico or the Caribbean. It is a shame to let the seat go empty when I as an MEI can help someone get experience. I am with you all on the whole PFT thing, but I am doing what I can.

MJ

Question:

Why are you accepting resumes for an unpaid pilot position but you are requiring these "applicants" to have a current 2nd class medical. Last I checked a 2nd class medical was needed only when flying for hire. This doesn't seem to be the case here.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I'm just trying to keep our next generation of pilots from being exploited by these "come fly for us for free, we're doing it all for you" companies. `If you are one of these one in a million dream career advancement opportunities then my sincere apologies. I've seen your ad on Avcrew.com and it omits the no compensation part.

Look man, see my post above. We don't NEED anyone. We have an availability. If we are going to let someone in our cockpit, we have the right to pick what qualifications we would like them to have. I want to help people with a professional attitude get some additional experience. No one has to apply. There would not be a paid position if we didn't have any pilots interested in the non compensated position. I knew this was going to be a can of worms, but I have an empty seat. Someone can use the extra experience or they can't. I would have appreciated this opportunity has a newer pilot and that is why we are making it available. Please note. AVCREW was given the same ad as everyone alse and they made the changes without permission.

MJ

While your intentions may be good...you are dead a$$ wrong.

If you want someone to sit there at the resort with you, get a girlfriend or a buddy to go.

If you want a qualified pilot to fly with you - PAY THEM SOMETHING.

If your boss wont pay a few bucks for the safety of 2 qualified crewmembers -- he gets ONE and takes his chances.

You are doing NOBODY favors here...

:mad: :mad:

Dude, can you read? There are two options here. For qualified Merlin pilots there is pay. For non-qualified pilots, there is opportunity. Take the 13th step off your high horse.

MJ

By the way Gulfstream 200, what was the comment about some one to sit on a beach with me for? That is rediculous. I'm sure that you received pay for all of the flight instruction and experience that you got. I am equally as sure that you speak for all of your pilot brothers and sisters that have Multi/comm/Inst tickets and 1000 tt with 50 ME. I'm sure people are lining up left and right to get these guys in their right seat. I am the guy at the airport that has an empty seat. I remember when I was building time, I would have appreciated any experience that I could get. Not only am I making the seat available for "non-qualified" pilots, I am putting the word out that I am doing so. You can infer whatever you choose, but I am not going to pay someone to teach them turbine multi corporate ops.

MJ

Latest resources

Back