• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Houston Area Merlin Copilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well put. I think that most pilots that don't have the required time for a paid position surely appreciate opportunities like this. I did. It's one of the few ways to gain the experience which allows you to get paid later on.
I've offered the empty seat in my Navajo to several friends who were working up their multi time and it's been beneficial to all of us. It allows them much needed experience and it nice for me to have another set of eyes up there. Having someone to talk with also really cuts down on the boredom.
Keep it up.

hhhmmmm....

LOSER!!:D

Mjmcint,

I think what you are doing is noble. When I was flying the F-90, I had people swarming around looking for "free" time and were D@#$@#$mn happy to ride, without complaint, when I had an empty seat. Kudos.

I agree to a point. If during the F-90 they were swarming, then why does this guy have to pay to post such "openings" (avcrew)? And what's up with the interview? How bad will someone feel when they are rejected for something that is "free" or "out of the kindness of one's heart"? Is this particular "opportunity" such a great deal and if so why do you need to apply. I thought people would be swarming.

why not pay 75 or 100 bucks a day for a qualified guy??

"dude"..

:eek:

yeah, you're doing people a "favor"...

but hey....whatever....glad I never had to resort to that $hit. - guess maybe it gets guys primed for Gulfpuke airlines or something similar!

It seems to me that if you just asked around the airport(s) that you are at that you would find more than enough willing and qualified pilots needing to build time.

It seems pretty odd to me that you are posting here to get "qualified" co-pilots, which means that you are looking for someone that can be a "co-pilot" and not just a seat warmer, which seems to me that that position should get some pay.

IMHO.

sb

Look,

I'm not trying to get in the middle of a firefight here, but (correct me if I'm wrong MJ), if all of you will go back to his first post, it says they are planning on adding another airplane. Just as I did in the F-90, they are looking for qualified Merlin pilots. To my knowledge, not exactly an abundance. A couple of months as a copilot, learning the ropes, etc. Doesn't sound bad to me. Think about when you were salivating over time way back when....wouldn't you have ridden in a turbine powered aircraft for nothing?

Well, I'm certainly happy you are financially stable enough not to have to make some sacrifices. Not everyone is that fortunate. Believe it or not, there are people who would jump at the chance. Why don't you leave them be.

Guys,

Geesh! what a friggin mess. Lets take it from the beginning. If you are an interest pilot with Merlin experience (insurance acceptable), and are a good fit for us, we will have a paid position for you. This position will also lead to priority consideration when the new plane is purchased. This position is designed to help us find the right pilot for our new plane.
Also, on a seperate note, because we often have an available right seat we are making it available for non-qualified pilots to get experience. That is the non compensated position. we would like to spread the wealth. That is why we tacked that ad on for many to see.

If you have a problem with that...BITE ME!

MJ

By the way Gulfstream 200, if you are trying to get us to believe that you have never flown in a plane simply for the additional experience, you are either unfortunate, a moron or a liar. Which ever I am deeply sorry for you.

Latest resources

Back