Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hot off the Press...ASA don't pack your bags!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SSDD

Just got the latest issue of the Skywest internal newspaper. In it Ron Reber is quoted saying that Delta wants RJ flying out of LAX, Skywest can't do it because of the United agreement, but ASA can. The 900's are still coming to Skywest, but the transfer of the 700's has been delayed.

Whatever that means.

I'd seen something a while back about ASA filing for a LAX base. I am sure that will make some of the Salt Lake guys happier.

:DSSDD, I hope that you are right! I also heard about the LAX base, but they better HURRY before they have to pay DOUBLE in moving expenses!! Thanks for the info.

Direct from Tutt and Hall in their meetings. Delta has asked ASA to do flying out of LAX and has filed the DOT paper work to make it happen. They didn't mention the 700, but said the 200 would be doing it. They said there would be NO NEW BASE. Just 4 days that start in ATL and end in ATL. They were asked how they were planning on doing MX and they didn't really have a good answer.

:rolleyes:Yeah, they are going to have a MX stop here in SLC and have all of us "overnight" here in SLC rather than just keep the base!!! Now THAT is saving money! These guys have "NO IDEA" how to run an airline. Not to sure that the 200 has the legs to do the kinds of trips they are talking about. Who Knows!!!!

let's not forget that skywest has maintenance personnel and parts at LAX...not a full mx base, but good enough to keep things going if they need to.....

as far as the bigger stuff...theres no reason that asa planes can't do trips to palm springs or salt lake.....

OCP said:
Direct from Tutt and Hall in their meetings. Delta has asked ASA to do flying out of LAX and has filed the DOT paper work to make it happen. They didn't mention the 700, but said the 200 would be doing it. They said there would be NO NEW BASE. Just 4 days that start in ATL and end in ATL. They were asked how they were planning on doing MX and they didn't really have a good answer.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they had not even thought about it yet. This airline operated in crisis mode all the time, and thinking ahead would make too much sense.

ATL to (take your pick) HOU, IAH, SAT, AUS, DFW, OKC, TUL, ICT, XNA, DSM, OMA, STL, MCI (did I miss any) to SLC, to LAX. Then 2 days of mexico turns and back the way you came.
from what I over heard (I was doing my best to ignore their presence in our lounge) CT and SH said Skywest can fly the 70 out of LAX because they don't fly it for UAL. It would not surprise me if Mother D would pull the plug on the Eagle codeshare once they have someone flying DCI planes out there. But, as for a base in LAX, keep it. QOL out there on our wages would suck. $300K to buy a 1 bed condo. Yeah, sign me up.

ASApuppy said:
QOL out there on our wages would suck. $300K to buy a 1 bed condo. Yeah, sign me up.
I can ditto that! Even living on $100k isn't a lot of money in the LA area!

ASApuppy said:
ATL to (take your pick) HOU, IAH, SAT, AUS, DFW, OKC, TUL, ICT, XNA, DSM, OMA, STL, MCI (did I miss any) to SLC, to LAX. Then 2 days of mexico turns and back the way you came.
from what I over heard (I was doing my best to ignore their presence in our lounge) CT and SH said Skywest can fly the 70 out of LAX because they don't fly it for UAL. It would not surprise me if Mother D would pull the plug on the Eagle codeshare once they have someone flying DCI planes out there. But, as for a base in LAX, keep it. QOL out there on our wages would suck. $300K to buy a 1 bed condo. Yeah, sign me up.

If that is in fact what those guys said, they are wrong because the
SkyWest 700's go to LAX for UA.

Latest resources

Back