• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hot In Vegas!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's been upper 90s, lower 100s in the St. Louis area for weeks now. And people still claim global warming doesn't exist.

AlabamaMan!! said:
Fuel with the UVAir card at Las Vegas Exec is like 3.18 a gallon. But the line service is terrible and there are few CSR's you can count on, especially to speak and understand simple English.

Yeah not only that, but when you ask for something they give you that, "why are you asking me?" attitude. I usually plan arriveing up to two hours prior to departure at Exec because everything takes so long. Some of you might say that it is due to the fact that they are busy. Well, doesn't matter if they are busy or not. Equally slow either way.

I thought it was just me...

It was 117 out there and i had to run inside 3 times begging to be pulled up, since we were parked near the strip , it seemed. I felt bad nagging them for a GPU..fuel...then three more times bugging them for coffee/ice/papers/catering. They finally got it all 5 minutes before pax showed.Each time I went to the counter they took my tail number and acted like it was the first request...even though I was just at the counter 15 minutes ago. Weird. They weren't busy either. It makes me appreciate the guys at Jet Aviation in Teterboro even more. Day, night, hot, cold...they are on the ball, at least that's been my experience. In Vegas, I was soaked from running in and out, and that was before the A/C quit, the ground delay and being #15 for departure on 7R....

It was so hot up front that I burned my fingers on the radio knobs and had to turn them with a TOLD card used as a potholder. THAT'S hot stuff!

I was in town over the weekend, but for fun this time. Came to town for a bachelor party. Best time of my life. The Hard Rock Hotel is awesome. I stayed cool just hanging at the pool all weekend.

flyer172r said:
It's been upper 90s, lower 100s in the St. Louis area for weeks now. And people still claim global warming doesn't exist.

It was 103 yesterday in St. Louis when I arrived at the airport to go home. I was sitting in an AA ERJ when they told us that it was too hot, and nine people would have to get off the plane. I volunteered and left this morning instead.

Screwed by the WSCoD!

Yeah, it seemed excessive to me as well, but that's what they told me. They said if they didn't get their 9, they'd start yanking people.

Hey, the SC in WSCoD didn't come out of nowhere! :D

And man, they need to put some better shocks on that thing. I could feel every bump and inperfection in the taxiway/runway. I felt like I was riding in a Cherokee.

Based in Vegas and we hit 116 3 days in a row, ISA +35 is the limit on the beech jet and that is 114.8 in vegas. Ive been here for 15 years and I never rember a hotter summer. Its Bananas

I grew up in Wyoming and am very familiar with 30 bellow zero wind chills. I love the cold, I would take that over this heat any day

Latest resources

Back