Hot In Vegas!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

falconpilot

Was anyone in Vegas last week or so.... I was there... I think it was the hottest that I have ever seen... I've never had to worry about max operating temp... But when we left it was 47C... Damn thats hot... There were a few guys there at Exec that couldn't take off... Hope I don't have to go back anytime soon...

Wow that is hot!! I feel bad that they were stuck at Exec, that place sucks. Anyway I heard that Atlantic(??) bought the FBO. Is that true? They say it should get better. I say only if they fire just about everybody there and start over.

What were you flying?

Think the whole country has a heat wave, right?
In South Jersey it was close to 95.
Didn't a few people die in Chicago-land from the heat?

It was 103'F and HUMID here in NW Arkansas yesterday. (phew!)

I hope my home's air conditioner doesn't explode! (or my head when I get the electric bill!)

It's 90' right now -- high of 99' today. Supposed to "cool down" into the mid 80's by Thursday. Cant wait.

heat factor in central florida has hit triple digits every day lately. i am from ohio, and getting used to the humidity and stuff when i first moved down here only took 2 weeks. now, i walk out in stifling heat and humidity, sit in a closed-up car that reads 120 on the inside temp gauge, and i think it feels good. i don't sweat much anymore. being inside the cockpit of a cessna at 2000 feet also helps, don't get much cooling at that altitude.

98 at CMI with a heat index of 112. I LOVE HUMIDITY!!!

Stealthh21 said:
Wow that is hot!! I feel bad that they were stuck at Exec, that place sucks. Anyway I heard that Atlantic(??) bought the FBO. Is that true? They say it should get better. I say only if they fire just about everybody there and start over.

What were you flying?

Executive has Crystal....... they don't need anything else....... I could normally care less about the girls at FBOs but she's something else altogether......

Of course if fuel was 10 cents less at the other FBO I'd go there- but the other FBO is Signature- which probably explains why Executive sucks.

Capt1124 said:
Executive has Crystal....... they don't need anything else....... I could normally care less about the girls at FBOs but she's something else altogether......

Of course if fuel was 10 cents less at the other FBO I'd go there- but the other FBO is Signature- which probably explains why Executive sucks.

Fuel with the UVAir card at Las Vegas Exec is like 3.18 a gallon. But the line service is terrible and there are few CSR's you can count on, especially to speak and understand simple English.

Latest resources

Back