horizon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
turbodriver said:
Ok, I'm sick of hearing your bitching. Do you want to negoiate our next contract next year when it becomes amendable? Yes, not being paid jet pay when you fly it is bull$hit and so is getting paid solely on guarentee and not the line value too. But I for one will be lobbying to get that crap changed. One thing that's different between when the contract was signed and now is that we have 6+ year FO's on property and us FO's are going to start looking out for ourselves since we all have to be gear and flap bitches for so damm long and all the old farts out there flying to 200 to retirement are just so damm happy with it and will never leave.

(show me a QX FO who doesn't agree with me if you don't believe it)

Get out of my left seat!!

I bet your a pleasure to fly with!!! Your seat? Everyone knows that Horizon is not a stepping stone airline. The upgrade has always been longer than other places. You chose to come here. Does it suck that upgrade time is 6 years, of course. Length of employment does not entitle you to upgrade.

TreeTopFlyr said:
I bet your a pleasure to fly with!!! Your seat? Everyone knows that Horizon is not a stepping stone airline. The upgrade has always been longer than other places. You chose to come here. Does it suck that upgrade time is 6 years, of course. Length of employment does not entitle you to upgrade.

I'm sure you were saying that during the two years it took you to upgrade too right?

Icelandair said:
Getting jet pay would be nice, but not all of us were lucky enough to be placed in the jet. They would have to get rid of the whole thing that makes it impossible to change planes, so those of us on the 200 don't get stuck with 200 pay for 6 years.

What 6yr FO is making 200 pay? or are you refering to the drop to 200 pay for switching airframes?

FlyinScotsman said:
What 6yr FO is making 200 pay? or are you refering to the drop to 200 pay for switching airframes?

If Yank McCobb could "fix" the contract he says he dislikes so much, and an F.O. stayed in the -200 by choice until he could upgrade to CA (maybe wanted to live in Seattle), he would still be making -200 pay after 6 years. However, under the current actual contract, a 6-year -200 F.O. would be making CRJ F.O. pay.

They need to bring 400's to Seattle so 200 guys who don't want to either move or commute can upgrade into something bigger.

turbodriver said:
I'm sure you were saying that during the two years it took you to upgrade too right?

I took considerably longer than two years for me to upgrade. Most of us are here because we want to be based where we live. The upgrade time is the price you have to pay for it. I have many friends at Skywest who hate their jobs because of the commute.

ReverseSensing said:
If Yank McCobb could "fix" the contract he says he dislikes so much, and an F.O. stayed in the -200 by choice until he could upgrade to CA (maybe wanted to live in Seattle), he would still be making -200 pay after 6 years. However, under the current actual contract, a 6-year -200 F.O. would be making CRJ F.O. pay.

I think Yank is right.

The contract should not have included this stuff about the FO's being stuck in the seat they get hired into. This contract was written for a growth oriented company, which we all know Horizon is NOT! I don't think Yank is saying anything other than, no other contract I know of incluldes such non-sense. The pilots voted it in so there it is. The Management slipped that one by!

Another thing, what is wrong with an FO actually flying the airframe that his senority will hold and getting paid for it? DEN FO 1.5yr, flying an RJ with 15-17 days off, 2-4 legs a day. They are loving life as a very cool RJ pilot ;). SEA FO flying a Q-200 4-5yrs with 13-14 days off, 6-8 legs a day . They might wish to be that guy in DEN to have the life style of a senior FO along with the pay.

As an outsider to the airlines I'm an ART- Air Reserve Tech (aka full time Air Force Reservist). So my question for you regional guys (and think hard about this) is would you like to sit in front of a computer for 40+ hours a week, getting so much management BS in that time and fly once a week in addition to those 40+ hours (so 48+ hours a week) for a 3.5 duration, and have to put in an additional 8 hours of work and make 75K a year OR fly the line a Horizon?

Please let me know since that is how much I hate working for a Garden Nome in my job!

Last edited:
Icelandair said:
Getting jet pay would be nice, but not all of us were lucky enough to be placed in the jet. They would have to get rid of the whole thing that makes it impossible to change planes, so those of us on the 200 don't get stuck with 200 pay for 6 years.

A psyinctersayswhat?

Thats why I want to work for Dumb ass and Dumb ass.

Uh.... it's Dumas

Latest resources

Back