• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Horizon pilot "in action"!!! Awesome!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be a diligent reporter and look up your facts, such as saying it is...

"With the exception of filming for training, it is against federal regulations for pilots or passengers to use such devices during takeoffs and landings, as they could interfere with instrument and landing system navigation radios."

If it were against regulations ever for pilots to use the cameras in the cockpit, then for training even a special waiver would need to be issued by the FAA Administrator. Do you really think waivers are handed out? If you did a cockpit video search on google, you would see hundreds, maybe thousands of cockpit videos. It is not against regulations. It isn't even against regulations for a passenger to use any device as long as the flight crew says it is ok. Come on, have some journalistic integrity. You may be getting mixed information from one man at your local Flight Standards District Office, but ask one FSDO something, and you'll get 20 answers from seven other FSDOs. I know you guys at the SEA PI like to write aviation stories because you all have Boeing making airplanes in your neck of the woods, but just because you can regurgitate a Boeing press release doesn't make you an aviation expert.
Zing!

Last edited:
I like the French Airline Cockpit Video.

Damn, another instance where "The Man" is just trying to keep us down!

Thank God the Federal Govt. is looking out for our well being....:rolleyes:

"With the exception of filming for training, it is against federal regulations for pilots or passengers to use such devices during takeoffs and landings, as they could interfere with instrument and landing system navigation radios."

So electronic devices don't interfere if they are being used to film for training?....More govt. logic....

Fatigue isn't an issue in aviation, especially at QX. No, its those pesky cameras that are the biggest threat to safety in the cockpit.

wow look ...a runway in the distance, it gets bigger, the plane lands on it.....amazing. Why do people film this and even think others want to see it anyway? Dorks.

wow look ...a runway in the distance, it gets bigger, the plane lands on it.....amazing. Why do people film this and even think others want to see it anyway? Dorks.

Why do people watch the "Deadliest Catch" or "Ice Roads"....or "Cops" or medical shows....People are interested in what other people do....Many people are interested in what we do.

Has the FAA even tested any instruments since the 50's? The regulations we fly by today were written for aircraft 50 years ago.

The entire CFR Title 14 needs to be reviewed and rewritten!

eP.

Just thought I would set the record straight. It was a jumpseater who filmed the takeoff. The FO was "in" the picture and might be in some trouble. It might have been his camera or something.

I wish I could have seen it. . .

Latest resources

Back