Horizon Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NDPILOT said:

But, I bet he can land his rj in a shorter distance than a lot of Undies can land the warrior... I've seem them use all 7900 ft of 35L.

NDPILOT

I guess that's how they interpret, "make best use of the runway available" There's no pretending that student training is pretty. I just gotta stand up for the underdog.

-Crazy

If you guys want to test your skills on short field landings in a cessna, come fly into Birchwood, AK. They have a landing strip (19L) that is about 2500' long, but with only the first five hundred paved, and it also has a threshold that streches about 1000 down the taxiway before its rwy.
Its not hard to land and stop on it if your up to date, I've done it lots of times and with a full plane. If your out in a 152/172 by your self, you can do it in half that.

Just thought I'd post it, maybe some of you know the place?

Alaskaair...
Back in the good old days Eek was
1400x35...take a full 207 in there
for giggles sometime...in January!

Been there done that...

And Eek is actually about 30' wide and has an upslope to the north since we're being specific about it.

And talk about a thread hijack, somebody asking questions about Horizon and it somehow got turned into a UND pi$$ing match!

Well I haven't really done any bush flying. Well I don't know if I should say this, but I've taken a C150 into Deshka, about a 1200 foot dirt strip on the Yeska river. It has about a 70 foot obstacle at the end. After that experience I kinda got the feel of what bush pilots do day in and day out.........!

I'd need a little practice with a C207, never flown one. Just all 172's.

Big D

Sinner ;)

it would be nice to have an extra hundred hp to pull you out of those small strips!

Eek..... sounds like a rough place to make a living....

for those of you that flew/fly there..... how was your first trip into the strip? And... how short can you get a loaded 207 down?

(Does BET have a target yet?)

Eek..... sounds like a rough place to make a living....

My first time in there wasn't too bad. Pretty uneventful. Almost got caught in whiteout around Eek once and almost had to divert back there but it turns out that the vis held out after all and I pressed on back to BET. But, there is a reason why that airport is called Eek. Whenever a piot tries to land on it and he realizes that he screwed up and may go off the end, he yells, EEK!!!!!!!

Old bush pilot story. :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back