• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Horizon Air Update...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard 3 out of the 7 Horizon pilots that interviewed in the last couple of weeks were FOs. One FO which I know for sure was hired. I think there are quite a few FOs that are close to 2000hrs. with Horizon are going to apply. 2000hrs. puts you about 3 years at Horizon with 3 more to go to upgrade.

I heard 3 out of the 7 Horizon pilots that interviewed in the last couple of weeks were FOs. One FO which I know for sure was hired. I think there are quite a few FOs that are close to 2000hrs. with Horizon are going to apply. 2000hrs. puts you about 3 years at Horizon with 3 more to go to upgrade.

So much for TPIC being "everything." In any case, I'd always thought QX would be a great place to work. I guess I should put a resume in, though it will probably be a moot point because I'm applying other places and will probably hear from them first.

-Goose

I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying the other 4 were captain interviews?

While they do hire quite a few UND and CWU people, it's not always the case. My new hire class last winter only had 1 of about 14. But I'm sure it doesn't hurt to know the special UND shake.

I would think that they put all the UND people in one class together so they can giggle at one another.

I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying the other 4 were captain interviews?

The rumor I heard (from a check airman, source of all credible rumors :nuts:) was 6 hired at AS from QX: 3 CAs and 3 FOs. Also heard 6 more (obviously CAs) going to SWA.

This constitutes massive attrition at Horizon. :p

Enjoying my 7-year internship! :beer:

I understand now. For a second I thought you meant that Horizon was hiring street captains!!!!!!

Hey Reverse,

I drank a couple, or five, for you in Chicago the other night!!:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Hey Cappy,

You should really change out that avatar for the Tinkerbell plane. It suits you better! ;)

How are things treating you over there on the other side? Is it true what I hear, that they use yardsticks in their beatings?

Latest resources

Back