Horizon Air Update...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CutEmUp

What's the word? It seems like one of the least talked about regionals on this board.

Are they hiring? Their website says "accepting resumes." If they aren't hiring when are they planning to start?

Time on reserve?
The schedules?
The usual...?

The fact that you dont hear them mentioned on here is a VERY good thing....

I think they are hiring but I dont have too much more info for ya!

Training plan does not show any new hires but, historically QX does not do much hiring in the summer. We do have a lot of people getting hired elsewhere so they will need to have more new hires sooner than later. Sorry I can't offer more.

There are two different rumors i keep hearing about them:
- They will ask for wage cuts for growth showing the Frontier example.
- They will increase the wages so that they will not suffer from shortage of pilots..

If you ask me, their source of 500 hr wonder kids from UND and Central will be enough to feed them.

- They will increase the wages so that they will not suffer from shortage of pilots..

If you ask me, their source of 500 hr wonder kids from UND and Central will be enough to feed them.

While they do hire quite a few UND and CWU people, it's not always the case. My new hire class last winter only had 1 of about 14. But I'm sure it doesn't hurt to know the special UND shake.

Growth at Horizon is all about ASM's. Horizon will be growing in the next few years with fewer pilots on the seniority list.

Great place to hang your hat if you like the NW but if you want to get your time in and move on do not come here. Even If you do stay for upgrade movement is very VERY slow. We have 17 year jet captains who cant hold a line.

To answer Cutemup

Reserve could be up to three years depending on what equipment you are placed in. The last newhire in the Q200 will no doubt be at the very bottom of the list until the a/c leaves(2009).

Our schedules are 12 off in a 35 day bid for reserve and a lineholder does 5 four day trips on a typical bid.

I'm sure we have some classes planned for the fall and will be filling slots for the RJ and the Q400. I've heard a significant amout of slots will be opening due to the amount of FO's leaving for quicker upgrade.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back